PowerStroke Diesel Being Replaced By?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeep, ford, and chevy are not running the inline 6 because of emssions. It just wont make the cut. :dunno

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
the reason for the next new (6.7L) motor is because of the pissing contest ford
and international have gotten in over who's responsible for the warranty repairs of the 6.0L

I would imagine there will be a 2nd pissing contest over the 6.4? Who do they sue if [when] there's a problem with 6.7? This drama is getting old.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would imagine there will be a 2nd pissing contest over the 6.4? Who do they sue if [when] there's a problem with 6.7? This drama is getting old.

when you own it you own it...

partnering leaves too much room for finger pointing...the contractual
agreement had a clause for "shared" liablity....International didnt
want to participate in that part <even though they signed up for it
in the beginning>.

ford is about to show them <international> they cant have their
cake and eat it too ! :tounge

If i were international id be in a bit of a panic...FORD is internationals
SINGLE LARGEST customer :watchout

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Whats interesesting to me is that IH's engine issues aren't specific to the 6.0. I have a couple of IH straight trucks, and BOTH have had HPOP issues. Not to mention busted push rods, turbo problems, etc. Most have been warrantee issues, some have not. The place where I work has 3 late model IH straight trucks of there own, 2 have been in for massive amounts of re-call work. 1 seems to be a runner. Maybe Ford see's the writing on the wall. I know as much as I like my trucks, I couldn't really advise anyone to buy an IH. My old DT466's were tough as leather. The newer one's? Not so much.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cat, Detroit, Cummings and the others have their problems Too.

Not pointing a finger or dumping blame on any one entity, but a Squinty Eyed Glare goes to the.. EPA.

"They" keep coming up with Ever Changing Rules, Regulations and absolute Requirements that are Unrealistic and Unattainable.. FASTER than ANY industry, Foreign or Domestic, has the Research & Development capabilities to deal with.

"WE" end up with Engines, Gas & Diesel, that have had Rocket Science applied to them.. in a Vain attempt to meet an Unrealistic, Unattainable standard(s).. thought up in some "Think Tank", by folks who Don't Have A CLUE.. what the long (or short) term impact is.. or will be... to the Consumer, Private or Commercial.

I sure hope FORD comes up with something a little more "Trusty" this time.

(wrecker came this AM'n towed my neighbors 08 D-Max off.. again... for the 3rd time. Won't start) (fuel system stuff, he sez GM sez)

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like your neighbor needs a lemon law lawyer. I wasn't picking on IH, Big Joe. Bottom line, they all have issues. Just so happens I'm an IH owner, so I see it pretty frequently.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your neighbor needs a lemon law lawyer. I wasn't picking on IH, Big Joe. Bottom line, they all have issues. Just so happens I'm an IH owner, so I see it pretty frequently.

He's started to look into the Lemon laws.

I knew you wern't pick'n on anyone..No retort intended, I gota figure out a way to NOT sound like I'm "Returning Fire" when no Fire was Incoming.....:lmao:lmao:lmao

aggitator

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Cat, Detroit, Cummings and the others have their problems Too.

Not pointing a finger or dumping blame on any one entity, but a Squinty Eyed Glare goes to the.. EPA.

"They" keep coming up with Ever Changing Rules, Regulations and absolute Requirements that are Unrealistic and Unattainable.. FASTER than ANY industry, Foreign or Domestic, has the Research & Development capabilities to deal with.

"WE" end up with Engines, Gas & Diesel, that have had Rocket Science applied to them.. in a Vain attempt to meet an Unrealistic, Unattainable standard(s).. thought up in some "Think Tank", by folks who Don't Have A CLUE.. what the long (or short) term impact is.. or will be... to the Consumer, Private or Commercial.

I sure hope FORD comes up with something a little more "Trusty" this time.

(wrecker came this AM'n towed my neighbors 08 D-Max off.. again... for the 3rd time. Won't start) (fuel system stuff, he sez GM sez)

Tell me about it, I drive a 06 kw with a 435 C13 Cat and it has it share of problems,mostly valve actuaters. The shop has a Cat tech coming in every evenning working on them at our shop Mon - Fri.

Last edited:

bern rattler

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm with Bush & Tail Gunner, that's one ugly front end! I almost traded my baby in on an 08' last week, couldn't get by the front end on it! Even though mine only has 4000 miles left the warranty I'm gonna keep it!

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thing is horrible. I really hope that they don't stay with that ugly hood. That is what make the 08's so nice is that nice big grill.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14