Powerstroke Rally and Fuel Prices?????

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Hate to ask. What are the fuel prices doing for you guys in Colorado and Texas? Has an impact on if I can justify the Rally with my family. 3300 miles round trip.

Thanks guys.

Barrett

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
2.75-2.80/gallon here. We could go a little out of the way and get you some B100 for 2.69 maybe less if I go get 300 gallons next weekend.:D

Elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm paying between 2.91 and 2.95 in nothern CO. I see 2.99 every day...

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Runnning anywhere from 2.75 to 2.95 a gallon of diesel.

Just depends on where ya get it.

Fuel ain't cheap by no means, but the Food and Friends make it worth it BELIEVE ME :)

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Uhh, I dont want to throw a monkey wrench in here or anything but...............

Lets say when you planned this trip that fuel was what?.... 2.25/gal. 3300 miles divided by 17 (just a WAG) is 194 gallons of fuel wich is $436 in fuel.

Now its 2.85/gal and your driving the same 3300 miles and getting the same 17 mpg so you'll use the same 194 gallons of fuel so that puts you at $550 for fuel.

120 bux puts you out of this trip?

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack, A-B....this time last year fuel was avg $2.00 or less per gallon when I dragged the 5er down to FL on my 3000 mile round trips. Now it's averaging in the neighborhood of $3.00 per gallon. I've recently created a "fuel fund" which is greatly supported by the wife. We're converting unused items into cash to build up the fund....we ain't cutting back on the RV-ing.

Major contributor to the fund is the sportbike I haven't ridden over 200 miles in the past three years. After a week of stripping it down and peddling parts, we're $700 to the good plus our regular "change jar" deposits. I still have 90% of the bike left to peddle. Doesn't everyone have some old crap laying around they can do this with?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Sam
thats a darn good idea
I may start pawning off some of my JUNK,
filled up last night 2.77 , i got off easy the dump truck next to me had two 60 gallon saddles needing fuel :eek:

i even drove last week like an egg was under the throttle, did the speed limit and didnt lolygag still got 16 mpg, so today i driving here a bit more up beat, :burnit

120 difference in fuel could buy a bunch of chili cheese dogs at sonic :D :D :hail

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
Sam
thats a darn good idea
I may start pawning off some of my JUNK,

I got my kids on ebay as we speak.:roflmao

powerboatr said:
i even drove last week like an egg was under the throttle, did the speed limit and didnt lolygag still got 16 mpg, so today i driving here a bit more up beat, :burnit

I try to do the same and if I do, I can push my old POS over 20 mpg. Conservation.......... its hard to do but it is something that is directly in our control.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Yall are going to KILL me when I tell ya I am 13 Miles from the Place!!!! :eek: :sorry :sweet :thumbs :burnit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58