Preparing for winter!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should have met up with us at the Fairgrounds that year.. I could have showed you the fastest golf-cart ever built (goes 70mph) plus the tallest one (has a fiberglass "F150" body on it, and you need the nerf bar to get in it).

;tu. Maybe on the next trip. We're planning another one, with a launch time of April/May.. back here in November/December.. maybe do a better job of some Meet'n Greets along the way this time.

Marshall wil be in the mix, I'm sure. (dp too?)

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Plus not letting the motor get nice and warm will cause yer oil to get moisture in it and thats not good on a diesel at all. Get a solar trickle charger. Bigger the better in wattage and just leave it plugged in all the time. Or get a wind generator trickle charger so it will work during the night too haha.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and while you're buying stuff ... an auxiliary idle control unit is really handy ( (ebay, $100-$150); Use the charge protect mode or just set it to 1250 rpm or so. You'd be surprised -- even above 0 these engines don't every warm up to "normal operating temp" at low idle...maybe you're exhaust backflow valve never warms up so it's not a problem, but getting coolant temps to 150 takes my engine more than 20 minutes during winter. I finally added a cowl cover and that has helped 100% -- really love it.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And "filling up" more often, during the Winter helps too.

Joe

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know i can just go outside and look, but i'm sick and figured i'd ask :) is the fuel filter in-line on our trucks? I'm not sure when the last time mine was changed. I've heard filling up helps a little, but if I wanna make sure my filter is good too.

JRJ04

Reaction score
no, its not in-line. it is in a bowl under the hood just behind the "powerstroke" cover

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know i can just go outside and look, but i'm sick and figured i'd ask :) is the fuel filter in-line on our trucks? [I'm not sure when the last time mine was changed.] I've heard filling up helps a little, but if I wanna make sure my filter is good too.

If yer Not Sure, when it was changed last time ?... I'd sure replace it.

Yer Call but as you do these maintenance things..? Not a bad idea to start yerself a Log Book, or record of what & when you do'm. Makes for a good reference/knowledge source for when & where, time & mileage wise, things MUST/NEED to be done.

Example (?): Fuel filter every 15K miles. (I change'm @ 10K). You just bought Batteries... I'd write that date & miles down too.

Joe

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a bad idea to start yerself a Log Book, or record of what & when you do'm. Makes for a good reference/knowledge source for when & where, time & mileage wise, things MUST/NEED to be done.
Joe

X2 ;tu

Also? Drain that fuel bowl a few times now. Put a hose on the outlet and a bucket under the hose, pull the handle, and get rid of the water that collects there...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58