Pro Comp spring issues.

Spectre

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Coil springs are a whole nother beast. :)

Our skyjacker springs on the bronco have no sag in them at all. Love em. To bad I don't have a newer F250 with coils. :)

MidwestOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you do with the BDS springs, a new set of bushings can be bought for 40 bucks, Procomp springs are very well know for sagging in the diesels,

Stay away from the Fabtech 5.5 springs they will net you 4" installed in a diesel.

dual shocks will do knothing except firm up the ride.

Superlift and Deaver springs are very good for not sagging.

Spectre

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I searched for months and couldn't find any bushings for the BDS springs. I went to 4 offroad shops and zippo.. :( Ended up giving to someone looking for scrap metal. (this was over a year ago).

I forgot about superlift.. That's sounds like a good route to check.. Just pisses me off cause I just bought these springs a year ago just to buy another set.. Wonder if 4 wheel parts will let me return them. :)

MidwestOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You more than likely wont find replacement metal sleeved bushings like that are in the springs, but will have to add the poly bushings since the stock sleeved ones are almost impossible to replace.

I know superlift,deaver and rubicon Express all have the bushings (poly) to replace them.

Spectre

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
the bushings were bad in the BDS springs.. Don't have them anymore.. The springs I have now are flattened out.. :(

MidwestOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would look into superlift springs. go on ebay and look up superlift and (scratch and dent) will have them 80-140 each depending on lift height and shipping was reasonable (75)

Spectre

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well to save on money I called procomp and they said they will warranty the springs out. I called 4wp and they have a set of springs waiting for me. Guess I get to have a fun 2 hours on Saturday. :)

MidwestOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good to hear , i think i had to pay shipping to return a set once under warranty.

Spectre

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm lucky to have a shop so close to me. I'd be pissed to have to pay for shipping and wait..

Well then again I'm kind of irritated that I have to change the springs in the first place, but oh well.. Good thing I've done this kind of thing a lot and am saving labor..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14