Problems

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We received a call from our salesman at the RVDealers. He says the unit came with wrong color carpet. The factory will not change it. Soooo,,, they will build another unit and send it to us. The new delivery date is February 28th.
The factory rep. is taking full responsibility for the error.
The main reason for ordering one from the factory was to get the special colors that my wife wanted. We will see what happens on the 28th.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
S**T happens.

Did you look at it anyhow? If anything it might give you any insight as to things you may want to ammend on your order.

I'm surprised they didn't offer a couple grand off to take the wrong color carpet. Maybe they figure they can sell it to somebody else.

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We received a call from our salesman at the RVDealers. He says the unit came with wrong color carpet. The factory will not change it. Soooo,,, they will build another unit and send it to us. The new delivery date is February 28th.
The factory rep. is taking full responsibility for the error.
The main reason for ordering one from the factory was to get the special colors that my wife wanted. We will see what happens on the 28th.

Are they going to do anything to make up for their error (upgrading cabinetry, nicer upholstery, $$$ back, etc...)?

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, they offered us a $500.00 to take it like it is... NO WAY...
If they had offered us $2,000 then I would have thought about it. Tax license and out the door the unit is costing us $33,000 so $500 is nothing.
I called the factory, to get the straight story, and the lady told me that the coach was being STARTED on the 28th of February, and would be finished on the 9th of March... I think they need to get a new rep.
We are paying cash, so that is why it is $33,000 if we were to pay payments it was going to be $35,000.
We did not get to see the wrong coach.
We are going to take a tour of the factory around the 28th, so we can make sure that it is they way we ordered it. We are planning on taking our trip in April, so we do not need any more surprises.

PA 6.0

New without a clue
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the mix up. No way I would have taken their screw up either. ^#%^# Forest River! Hopefully they will get your new unit built and delivered ASAP.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
you know when we ordered ours it came with a wrong item (upgraded stereo)... it was the dealers fault for substituing an item without our approval, so we got it for free
but it still sux expecting to go rving and now its delayed, :(

factory tours sounds cool, get some good pics. :sweet

good one you for sticking to your order, :thumbs

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's frustrating as He** when things don't come "As Ordered" or "On Spec". But Good On Ya for not excepting "Close" to what you wanted.

I Spec'd out a Lance Camper once, and got an invite to the plant. Planned it so my unit would be on the line when we were there. Saw mine just before they put the Skin on... Took a ton of pic's. Sure did help as time went on cuz I knew where the 12v & 120 electrical and all the Plumbing ran. Not real a big deal with a Camper but it could REALLY be a plus with a TT or FW.

As I remember it.. The Production Forman was kinda Sidewayz about me takeing pictures.. but I took'm anyway.

So.. Take lots'o Pics

Joe

You & Yours must have the "Patients of Jobe"... I'd have prolly gone looking at another Brand at another Dealer:cussing:

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a great idea about taking pictures... We will have our camera and bring plenty of batteries.

:thumbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58