Program Number 05B35 Reflash- Good or Bad?

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What speed did it do the shake at? Mine generally does it at 20 and again at 40-44.. doesn't care if it's speeding up or down or staying the same.

Since I have an 06 (got her 2 weeks ago), I'm assuming I have the same code, right from the factory. One thing I find very annoying is it never wants to lock up in 5th gear, TC still unlocked until I give it a negative throttle blip, then it locks in and holds it to about 1/2 or 5/8 throttle. Somewhere around 15~20 psi of boost, then it starts downshifting.

Launch is horrible compaired to the 05 and 04's I've driven, it take at least 1 or 2 secnds before it starts making any boost. Heaven forbid there's any smoke or usable power from idle. Fvck the EPA. :cussing:

If you already have it sorta moving, then nail it, it will just about rip the seat out of the floor. Otherwise it's a bit sluggish. I can't say it's all bad though, I nuked an 05 dodge from about a 20 mph rolling start on a hill.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
I had the reflash done when I had the oil changed. I was not impressed at first. What I suspect is that the reflash wipes out all of the "learned" parameters that the truck generates from several driving cycles. I only know that the performance is beginning to come back, and the initial 20 psi boost limit has suddenly disappeared. Last night, I had to punch it, and thinking it was neutered, got the surprise of my life when she ran like a raped ape again. Give the truck a week or so to settle in with a mix of city and highway driving. If it hasn't settled down by them, I would think a trip back to the dealer is in order.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can any of you tell what it did to your MPG's I got the same recall. I will have to find a dealer here in South Texas to do it for me.
Thanks to all who have posted here about newest reflash.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
thanks rray
i will watch it ....
mpg as per the dash says 15.2
this is at 65
so i am not pleased
but it may just have to relearn the nut behind the wheel

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
this morning she is a changed beast
ran smooooth , started first try. idled smooth , power seems to be getting better and boost is building faster off idle

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
UPDATE 14 feb

Remember how they said it would adress cold start smoke, of which I had NONE before the reflash....
yesterday as i walked up to teh boss, i hit remote start..... geuss what blew out of the tailpipe.... an annomally i have never seen in this truck......
unburnt FUEL SMOKE.

but she catch and fired up on about the third turn over...... and it was 40F outside
and again this morning , from inside she fired right up and she was plugged in.

and the tranny is getting very, not firm but SURE about which gear its in and it feels like the TQ has jumped up considerably. under moderate throttle it shifts secure and sure and you can feel a 7.3 like sensation of tq pushing the beast to speed.
I LIKE IT:sweet

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
You WILL get the bejesus scared out of you when you get your truck back if you get this reflash. At first, EVERYTHING is "brain dead" so your fuel economy will go in the tubes, your shift pattern will be weird, tow haul will be funky, you will say WHY did I do this? But it does straighten itself out as the system adapts after several driving cycles, your fuel economy will be in the toilet at first but should improve or at least be where it was pre-flash. If you like that "diesel" sound you will love this reflash, as I found the engine chatter to be more marked. The exhaust seems to be less rich of unburned diesel at idle. it will take about 500-750 miles of driving to start to see the results take full effect. Your call. :dunno

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i will ditto richard
the beast is waking up every day and the last two have been nothing short of a MIRACLE
she is scarring me with the new found HP and seat O pants grunt.
and just to compare my new trailer park rv friend has a brand new 06 250 4x4 crew cab, 373 rears....
i rode in it and it feels like a slug to mine,

only thing that bothers me is mine never ever smoked at idle, and now it does.
but i be a grinnin :D :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl