Programmers

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big Joe, aren't programmers and chips suppose to NOT leave a foot print on the pcm? Thats what I read on a lot of them anyways. You would think they would want us to get better mpg:dunno Of course there are those just blowing fuel out the pipe :D

Just my take on it.. some do, some don't, some can, leave a foot print.. but in talking with a Ford service Writer friend.. Fords diagnostic gear is alot more High Tech theze dayz.. due to bogus Warrenty claims.

Over Warrenty ? It's our Call, they're Our.. cars & trucks.

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mainly want a daily tune, towing tune, maybe a smoke tune since I got stacks if it dont mess my engine up. What do you guys recommend? I still got to get gauges though but just shoppin around.

Here's my 2 cents. I have the DP F5 "tune on the fly." If I'm correct, you can pick which tunes you want when you purchase the system. At least that's what I was told. It might be worth looking into..I'm kinda hazy on the details of it.

Here's their site:
Diesel tuning products for Ford PowerStroke

Mine has 4 positions, labeled 1-4 on my module, and I can switch between them as I please.

1. Stock
2. Tow mode: +80 HP/more low end torque
3. Economy: +60 HP/not sure if it actually changes the shift points, but it feels like it does. I've seen 21 MPG on this setting with a lift and big tires
4: RACE: my favorite. +120 HP. Makes great smoke. I'm glad my seats are comfortable becuase it throws the passenger and i into them.

With a good turbo combo (GT38R or similar) it's a great setup with practically no turbo lag.

Add injectors ($$$) and watch the other guys get smaller and smaller in yer mirror. :D:D:D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl