Question Propane injection worth it???

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks clintusaf. Did you notice anything different about your truck as far as exhaust smoke/mpg/egts/etc? Deffinately love adjust on the fly chips!!

JRJ04

Reaction score
Well, I have had a superchip, then diablo sport tuner and now the dp tuner.

There is no doubt, that my transmission shifts the best with the dp tuner. The shifts are firmer and quicker compared to the other 2 chips.

Mileage wise...when i keep my foot out of it, I can get around 16-17 in town. Being realistic...i average about 15 because i play around and get on it too much.

On the 80hp econo tune, i can feel a noticeably different amount of power compared to the other 2. The superchip turned all the way up just didnt really have the grunt, and then diablo sport had more power than the superchip, but smoked...a lot.

I can hammer down on it now with the dp tuner pretty good and dont get a whole lot of smoke because the boost builds much quicker. The power delivery is much more even across the board. It was very jumpy with the others

Finally, I think boost was a shortfall with the other 2, and the dp tuner has a clear advantage over the others. this goes along with the dp tuner having a better power delivery across the board.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks JRJ04. I just drove my truck down the road after tightening the tube up coming out of the waste gate (realling bad loose) and did a test run to see if it improved anything. I also reset my fuel monitor and, from to stops, going from a 55mph speed zone up to a 65mph, I got 17.5mpg. Before I reset it it read around 6.3, and thats for the past week doing my normal running around and getting in it every now and then. I'm hoping with my next mods to get 20mpg+. I saw a guy on another web site that has same modle truck as yours, 4x4 and all, and has seen 26+mpg...but thats what he says. Thanks again...

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea 20 mpg is about as good as it gets for a 7.3, unless your willing to drive like a grandpa on sunday.

I think you have a good set up started, just get some guages asap a broken truck is no fun. I dont really know much about propane injection im kinda curious as well not that i plan to do it would just like to know

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I figure I can get maybe 4 more mpg with the 5" exhaust, hpop, and propane (when I have it on). I dont think 26mpg is too unrealistic.....I've just never seen it with my own eyes. I get about 17-16mpg inculding my stopping and going fuel milage. If I drive it like a grandpa, its stays in higher rpm range longer, but if I get in it, it will go through the rpms faster and smoother. I feel that its about the same as far as fuel milage....you just save time with the acceleration though. Thanks guys

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg