Pros and Cons 06 and 07 6.0 Diesel

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there was an early midyear change in the coolant used for 6.0's. a late 06 or 07 would hopefully have the right stuff in it.

Do you know what the specific change was? Was it a formula change in the Ford Gold, or was it a change in the coolant charge at the factory?

2 Stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello! My 2001 F250 was stolen a few weeks back and im looking to upgrade. Ive been looking at 2006 and 2007 models. My buddy at San Tan Ford said these would be the best years of the 6.0 engine. Ive found a 2006 that is bone stock with 75000 miles and hardly any towing. Everything I have read says that throwing the juice to theses engines is a no no. Any information or things to watch out for would be great. Im gonna miss my old 7.3! just need to know if i should go get another in stead of a 6.0. Thanks for the Help!
For around $169 get something like this ScanGauge - Trip Computer + Digitial Gauges + ScanTools could save you a lot, need to know the difference in EOT-ECT max 15* but i think at 10* the oil cooler is starting to get plugged. Have him get you an Oasis report this will tell you if it has been a problem child. To keep them running good once a week drive it like you stole it run cetane boost to keep the egr valve and turbo clean and working.
2 stroker

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get the scangaugeII for $135 shipped by joining cleanmpg.com (for free).

dpantazis = sure would like to hear more about this coolant change ......

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford never ask Me what year I have when I get coolant

size1703

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, Sounds like the normal stuff, stay up with maintance. What programer has all the temp guages and sensors built in it? dont wanna have to wire up 5 guages. Also can you remove the EGR system so johhny law cant tell? Ive gutted cats before can you do something along the same lines with the EGR? The big reason I want to go with the 6.0 is the transmission. That was the only dislike with the 7.3, not the extra gear. Is there any problems with the trans with the 6.0? Once again thank you for the help.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
I see alot of familiar face here and i have a question, 1 how do I go about getting a Oasis Report from Ford, 2 I found a 03 with 106000 on it that I like, cost of repairs to mine are gonna hit 9200, it seems easier to get a car loan than to fix mine so I've been reading up on the 6.0's , the dealer says it has had headgaskets replaced at a ford dealer but the place it's at isn't a ford dealer ship? What are your thoughts? The reason I'm looking at this truck also is it's identical to my current one except engine

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Take the VIN of the vehicle to your Ford Dealer and ask the Service Manager to run an Oasis Report on it.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr