Pros and Cons 06 and 07 6.0 Diesel

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I have been towing for the last 4 years and programed. I made the biggest mistake of believing the coolant was clean and did not analysed the dirt collecting in the Degas tank. The Gold Junk will leave a sludge in the Degas tank and you don't need gauges to tell that the cooler is plugging, because it is, the same junk is in the radiator, Heater core, hoses and any place there is a coolant restriction.
I Installed ELC EC-1 Cat Approved coolant and in 2 weeks all of my coolant system was clean and the coolant still could not drop the delta and I had to change the cooler. I am sure if I would have done the switch earlier like my friends are doing according to my advise and experience, I would have saved the cooler.

No one will make me think that the Ford Gold junk is of any value in EGR Equiped Diesel, It is not designed for it and Ford has done 1000000's of repairs and blamed IH in order to hide from the problem. Its a Cash cow for technicians and companys selling products while still incouraging the use of the Gold Junk.

I will stick to what makes my trucks work satisfactory. This is the 3rd diesel I owned (2 Previous GM's) with major problems and repaired only by owner's cheap fix unapproved by a stupid company, and believe in what is good for me.

Last edited:

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Several folks I know still have their EGR system intact (and stock EGR and oil coolers). One is tuned at about 500 RWHP and tows horses (heavy). The both are still running the Gold coolant (flushes it every 50k miles). No issues for them.

There has to be more to it than just the Gold coolant.

That being said, I have read of no-one having issues w/ the EC-1 (ELC) coolant. It definitely seems "safer".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64