Pulling in 4 x 4 with hub problem

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
This morning I was getting my trailer in the signiture out of the Concert field after an overnight rain, result of huricane Irene.

When I hit the first mud hole the truck got stock and just stopped. I had to get towed by a GM and it is now the talk of the town.

What I noticed when I got home is that all along I had one hub unlocked. The truck realy could not get itself out of the mud puddle. But many units went through it very well.

The right front wheel was spinning along with the rear right wheel all along but the left one was unlocked, I cannot figure why this wheel was spinning unless there is a lock frontend. So all along I was thinking I had the hubs locked, but the 3 driving wheels were out of sink and no way I was going to get out of the hole.

It happened to me with a 1/4 ton Ranger years ago and had to be toed out with a tractor before I realized one hub only were locked. Anyone had the same experience.

Last edited:

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
something was bound up enough that there was less resistance to spin the tire than the axle shaft is why now as to what was bound that's another story.

Are you running manual hubs or automatic hubs?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58