Purolator Premium Pure One Oil Filter PL45515

STROKERBO

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Purolator pur one

these are hands down, the absolute best filter that i have ever used on a powerstroke...

The only filter that i will use with my amsoil , besides a bi-pass filtration system !!

RICKF92592

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've been using them on all my vehicles (including motorcycle) for over three years now, big fan.

MJ Synthetics

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can get the Wix equal to this filter 19.85 with a new cartridge cap or without either way if anybody is interested. Part number 57311 or 57312.

RICKF92592

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
STOKERBO,

Are you using the premium Purolator filter or the conventional filter?

Not to speak for him but the 'P' in the cat# is for the 'Pure Oil' series which is their premuim filter using better and more media as well as the upgraded gasket and bypass materials. There's only about $2.00 difference between the two.

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That assumes he is using the PL filter and not the L filter. He nevers stated which one he was using just that he used the Purolator Pure One. My thread topic was titled with the PL45515 part number because that is the one I am asking about. I assume you're using the premium and it works well for you?

RICKF92592

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
That assumes he is using the PL filter and not the L filter. He nevers stated which one he was using just that he used the Purolator Pure One. My thread topic was titled with the PL45515 part number because that is the one I am asking about. I assume you're using the premium and it works well for you?

The 'Pure One' is the PL series I don't remember the name of the other series; "Sortofclean Two"?
"Whywon'tyouspendtwodollarsmoreonyour$45,000.00truck Three"?

They work excellent, there is a Honda/Acura filter I use on my 2006 Triumph Sprint ST and I just clicked over 62,000 miles. (A lot on a motorcycle, btw)

Not to hijack but this guy wrote some great stuff on filters and oil for motorcycles which led me to use these filters and Shell Rotella T Synthetic in everything including said Triumph. Motorcycle Oil Filters & Air Filters

I'm sure someone will disagree.

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will spend the $2 extra on the filter. That's the only way to get a filter for the PSD. If you do not pay the extra $2 then you are limited to filter valued only up to $10. If I pay $14.99 then I get the premium filter with the 5 qts of Quaker State. I don't care for QS oil but I can use it in lawn mower etc...... What I'm more worried about is if the Purolator is the proper length and if it filters as well as the OEM MC brand. Is there any problem associated with antidrainback because of the Purolator etc.....

I'm going to purchase 3 combos tomorrow just to get the filters.

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aftermarket oil filters

I'd say stick with the OEM oil filter, and if you want better filtration get a bypass setup. The 6.0 got some of it's undeserved bad rep by using aftermarket filters that didn't fit right, screwing up the engine. International spent alot of money getting the best filter that balanced flow and filtering ability. If a filter claims better filtering ability, I would wonder how it flows compared to stock, you want max flow of oil through the engine. If you want to really clean the engine oil, you must do that via a bypass setup which takes a small amount of engine oil and filters it very finely, but this is only possible at low oil pressures that the bypass setup works at. Same goes for the air filters, you can get better flow than stock (not much though), but you do it at the expense of filtration - more flow, but dirtier air.
If you want reliable engine operation stick with stock on all your filters, and add a bypass filter - coolant and oil.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58