pyrometer,do i have to tap it?will it thread in?

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after i drill the hole in the manifold,which would be what size again? ive tried to but a tap,but i cant find the right one,this fitting has some weird threads,its a copper fitting with real close threads,anyway i was wondering if after i dril the hole,if i can just screw the fitting in without tapping it.will it thread in ok.i cant find a tap.i know it would prolly ruin the fitting,but i dont plan on taking it out.will it work?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
No, you must tap it first. Not sure who you got your pyro from or what size fitting you were sent but it should either be a 1/4 or 3/8 NPT tap.

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
The threads will strip off the fitting. Take the fitting to your favorite hardware store. See if they can set you up with a tap.

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The threads will strip off the fitting. Take the fitting to your favorite hardware store. See if they can set you up with a tap.

i guess thats what im gonna do,i tried home depot and auto parts store,neither had mthis type of threads,where can i get another fitting at,this one has some messed up threads,never seen em before.

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
i guess thats what im gonna do,i tried home depot and auto parts store,neither had mthis type of threads,where can i get another fitting at,this one has some messed up threads,never seen em before.

I'm surprised Home Depot even knew what a tap was. You need to find a REAL hardware store, or a Fastenal type place.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58