Question about 2004 PSD

ChrisH

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm with Barrett (architect-builder) re. "cold blooded." I've got an '04 6L and she is very sluggish while warming up. They're designed that way to keep from hurting a cold diesel engine. But after she warms up, look out! I love my PSD!!! Mine had 24k miles when I bought it. I now have 56k (tow a 5th wheel) and I have no complaints. When she warms up, she'll kick some serious butt!!!

KingRancher

2004 F-250 King Ranch FX4
Reaction score
I always warm by baby up firsy before I jump on her hard, I am new to diesels but so far I have had 1 dirtymax try and take me off the light(wasnt even trying or wanting to race pretty funny) smoked him. Litteraly :) My tranny will short shift and act jittery until it is warm so the responce is slower and stuff, that might be one reason, not sure im a diesel rookie.

And the PSD seems to have alot of untapped power stock that is ther just got to give her some tender loving upgrades AKA MONEY!!

And a super crew 2500 HD chev gasser wanted to race and it was no contest, but the PSD got to be warm.

For some reason after I bought this truck everyone and there dog wants a race with her.

Last edited:

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
I've had little s10's want to race me, but no other superduty's or chevy HD's or dodge HD's for that matter

I did race a 3.8L stang and won, and his girlfriend winked at me when i slowed down. Made me feel the best for payin 545 a month :D

Jspafford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well I dug and found some more dirt on the truck. I called the service department of the dealer I was at and told them I was looking to buy a used truck and wanted to see if they would run an OASIS. Which they did. It was worked on 7/05 at the dealer who still has it. The mileage was 22200, they did a few little recalls on some tubes and a/c hoses.. I dunno what all they did.. So then the next report was from 1/31 of this year at the same dealer and the truck now has 22500 miles. Which means they've had this truck since at least last july! The last thing they did on it in Jan of this year was for a complaint on the transmission not operating properly. The report said the could not find anything!

So yeah I would say there is something wrong with it, or it would have sold. Now I feel bad for dissin the 6.0L.. :sweet

I called the salesman back and asked if he wanted to wheel and deal since I now knew he has had it for a LONG time in sales terms. He thought it was funny how I found all of it out and pretty much laughed me off the phone when I made my offer. His loss. In 2 months when it is still there and the 07's are out maybe I will go back and make my offer again!

:thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg