Question- Hard Start

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is synthetic? If I chose to stick with Dino (10W 30) whats the brand? Have you seen it at the store? Would you go to synthetic before your broke in? Thanks

I don't like to recommend an Oil Brand.. but how many miles on yer 05 ??

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
30668 Miles, I am not asking for an oil brand for your preference. I think my dilema has more to do with the fact that I hear quite a bit about the fact that Ford is saying to switch to 10W 30 on the 6.0 for winter. Even if I decide not to use 10W 30 and go with a synthetic I am curious on what the heck there even talking about. The only thing they sell around here for diesels is some synthetics and rotella 15W 40 as far as I know. I see Motorcraft 10W 30 but it clearly says for gasiline engines only and has no CI-4 rating on the back. Oh, and yes I have had the cold start flashabout the same time the changed the oil recommendations for winter.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is more then enough miles to switch to synthetic(5w40)....as for which brand, that is up to you....

X2 on what Alex said.

Most Walmart's have a good selection @ a fair price.

Last edited:

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Ok, Ill will sitch to 5W40, but for @*^$# and giggles has anyone seen a 10W 30 for Diesels? Which store were you at? What brand was it?

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Thats what I figured, it is at everyone elses Walmarts and auto part stores but not mine here in Colorado. I wonder why? The only thing they have here is 15W-40 and synthetic for Rotella. Thanks AB

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Don't mix Syn and regular oils! They do not play well together. Use one or the other. If I were you, I would use the 5W-40 due to your location. I use it.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg