Rake's not for me

VinceJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still haven't done this, but I did finally get a couple pics to post here and see what y'all though I should for -- 2" or 2.5". I guess I can take the exact frame or fenderwell measurements. I just want to get the same clearance front-to-back w/o having squat instead of rake. Going for level to just a little rake. Anyway... here's the pics... (They're not great, but what the heck can we expect from a cell phone cam!!) Let me know what y'all think 'cause I'm probably going to get this done in the next couple weeks. (And take the chance on the extended service plan)

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
VinceJE said:
Still haven't done this, but I did finally get a couple pics to post here and see what y'all though I should for -- 2" or 2.5". I guess I can take the exact frame or fenderwell measurements. I just want to get the same clearance front-to-back w/o having squat instead of rake. Going for level to just a little rake. Anyway... here's the pics... (They're not great, but what the heck can we expect from a cell phone cam!!) Let me know what y'all think 'cause I'm probably going to get this done in the next couple weeks. (And take the chance on the extended service plan)
Probably 2.5" cause it's an F-350.

j.j

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
but thats better then slope to the back

Naaaah :D

sounds a little high, IMO it should cost 600 or so for shocks and the kit, so you're talkin about 430 for tax and labor.

330*

Any chance that a leveling kit could void the drivetrain warranty or my extended service plan?

My front end isn't stock and I effed up my front dif box playing in some sand and it was warrantied.

if I'm thinking about what you're thinking about, no.

but i might have the definition wrong

My buddy was putting a Skyjacker 6" kit and replaced the trackbar last step. Dropped it on the ground and the front axle was a good 3" out to the drivers side of the truck. :D

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Some people like that Cali-look (Front higher than the back) Personally, I like the front being a little lower, but not as much as Ford has it.

TurboTy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought a fabtech 3.5" leveling kit for the front of my 00 f350, just a shackle kit with a dual shock setup for the front, new stabilizer shock and two new rear shocks for a shade under 1000, i measured my truck on level ground and had close to a five inch difference front to back, mostly cause the guy before me had a plow on it, killed the leafs a bit, but i dont plan on plowing with her ever, so i went with the shackle kit, i havent had a chance to put the kit on yet, but cant wait to see it on, i'm thinkin next weekend is a good time, if i can get some pics before and after i will,

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That shackle kit might be the ticket for my Ex...we will see, but Ive gotta replace the tie rods before I get that done!

VinceJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My latest quote for the 2.5" kit + 4 socks installed from 4wheelparts -- $1200 drive out. :eek:
I have the know-how, but not the time to do it myself. :(

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
VinceJE said:
My latest quote for the 2.5" kit + 4 socks installed from 4wheelparts -- $1200 drive out. :eek:
I have the know-how, but not the time to do it myself. :(
They also wanted almost $10,000 for my lift with tires and rims and the edge juice w/ attitude.

No time? take a day off, you'll save yourself a fortune. They are pretty much theives.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14