Rake's not for me

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
2005Diesel said:
if I'm thinking about what you're thinking about, no.

but i might have the definition wrong :dunno

Yes, 2005's have Track Bar's!

All Coil Setups need sometype of Track Bar to keep the Axle Centered.

You really DON'T need one on a Sprung (Leaf Spring) Truck but you will get axle wander and isn't recommend for ON Road.

If you have any type of Lift, I would Recommend an Adjustable Track Bar and a Drop Track Bar Bracket (which most kits come with).

The REASON I suggest a Aftermarket Adjustable Track Bar is because the STOCK ones are CRAP!

Here is a LITTLE more info!

Probably 90% of Superduty trucks have a 1" diameter cast iron track bar. However, in 2002 Ford decided to use a 3/4" steel track bar on some of them. If your truck has the 3/4" track bar, you will need to upgrade your Front Track Barkit to include an adjustable track bar, rather than the bracket. This is because the 3/4" steel bar is not strong enough and will bend under strain once you lift the front end of your truck. Even if you have the 1" track bar it is still a great upgrade to your leveling kit. This is because the track bar bracket is not as strong as the adjustable bar. Also, the nature of the cam bolt in the track bar bracket is such that it can work itself loose over time and make a popping noise

It is a cheap upgrade, Probably ~$150 or so.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
s d mills said:
What's your location, Vince? If it's near Plano, TX or Cleveland, OH....maybe I can help you with 4wheelparts.

Uggh, 4wheelparts! :rolleyes:

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been buying from those two stores for over three years and they've significantly beaten every price quote I've gotten from everywhere else. Plano has screwed up a couple of my orders but they really sweetened the deals with freebies I needed. My second favorite is Rocky Mountain Suspension.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Yes, PLANO screws up ALOT of things.
Believe me I KNOW!
But haven't used them in YEARS!

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
4WheelParts wanted 8-9000 for my lift, tires, rims, edge j/a, and labor, got a local to do it all for 6000

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Yeap, Because they DON'T care!

If they dont' get your Business, they dont' care.

As then Local DOES care.

Allways go with a local shop first if you can.

VinceJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance that a leveling kit could void the drivetrain warranty or my extended service plan?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14