Rancho RS9000X Shocks

FordMastertech

Ford Guru
Reaction score
I just got done installing the Rancho RS9000X shocks yesterday and I can't believe the difference in the way the X handles and rides. Any of you X owners what settings are you running when empty and then when towing, I am running the #4 setting at this time empty? I got them on the buy 3 get 4 deal from http://www.samsoffroad.com/samsoffroadsto/rancho.htm#RS9000 and they just dropped the price a few bucks. If you want these puppy's I would get them ordered by the end of the month. :sweet
FMT

Last edited:

dmftoy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tend to run 3 in the front, 2 in the back unloaded. (airbags in the rear). When I'm towing the small trailer I run 3 front, 3 rear, and when I'm towing the big beast I run 4 front, 5 rear. Do you have a rear swaybar? That was the only change I made that had a bigger impact than the new shocks.

Have a good one,
Dave

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I have our 9000X' set at for 3/4 non-towing,they'll go to 5/6 in-tow.

The deal that Sams has is the better of them lately :sweet

DR.billZ

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm running Bilsteins and like them a lot. Firmer springs would be nice though. I have a Helwig rear anti-sway bar............A HUGE IMPROVEMNET!

drchris1024

SDD Security
Reaction score
DR.billZ said:
I'm running Bilsteins and like them a lot. Firmer springs would be nice though. I have a Helwig rear anti-sway bar............A HUGE IMPROVEMNET!

I have Bilstiens also, thinking of changing to Rancho's also to U code springs.

Wawuzat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I also replaced mine a while back with the Rancho 9000s on my '01. Installed the Hellwig rear swaybar and Landyot's radius-rods, too. The shocks helped a lot, especially over the OEM units ... the swaybar was a bigger improvement ... but the rad-rods were the icing on the cake. No more thumpity-thumpity when riding over bumps .... just thump, and it's done. No more wandering, too ... the X now stays in its own lane.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Wawuzat said:
I also replaced mine a while back with the Rancho 9000s on my '01. Installed the Hellwig rear swaybar and Landyot's radius-rods, too. The shocks helped a lot, especially over the OEM units ... the swaybar was a bigger improvement ... but the rad-rods were the icing on the cake. No more thumpity-thumpity when riding over bumps .... just thump, and it's done. No more wandering, too ... the X now stays in its own lane.
I look towards getting our set of rad rods as well for our Excursion,I'm really hoping for June/July :sweet

Swany

truck driver
Reaction score
FordMastertech said:
OEM with 72000 miles on them.
FMT

holy crap! OEM with 72k???? First thing I did, besides lift her, was get rid of stocky shockies.... no wonder you enjoy the ride so much now!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58