Re-Flash

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a notice (emission recall 14EO3) to take my 012 6.7 in to have the Selective Catalyst Reduction system recalibrated.. to meet a new EPA mandate.

Anyone had this done yet ? If so, was/is there any noticeable changes in..... ANYTHING ? Good or Bad ? The notice sez it has to do with reducing temperature sensor faults.

:coffee

Joe

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of an emmision recall doing any good. They recalled mine in 2005 for the same thing and reduced the power by something like 15%. The boost fell from 35 pounds to 29 pounds at full throttle. In the long run I am glad they did after all of the blown headgaskets these 6.0's have.

Dave :dunno

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya Dave. I'm just hoping this won't "De-tune" anything.

Trouble is, the notice also sez: In Cali and Mass.. if you don't get it done.. they won't renew our registration... until you do it :rant

Joe

If it does screw it up.. I'll be looking into a Tuner fer shur..

JRJ04

Reaction score
Got the same notice in the mail for my '11 as well. I'll be watching this one closely. Only thing that sounds enticing is the new flash...I've been getting the shift flare that people complain about going from 2-3, so am curious if this will help alleviate this issue.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When they did the Re-Flash on my 06 I dropped 3 or 4 miles to the gallon, they will not fix it. Good luck with that.
Doug

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm taking mine in tomorrow morning.. I'll post any dif's, if any. Only a good 5'r tow will tell the tale on power though.

Sure do wish someone who's had it done would chime in here.

I've not had ONE SINGLE PROBLEM, in 26K, with this 6.7L, or it's drivetrain. DAM* IT ! If It Ain't Broke.. Don't Fix It. :rant:rant

Joe

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I got the new and improved flash on my 06. Wish the original was still there. Good luck, hope they have a real fix for ya. It happened on my work truck too. A 2012 mack that had sensor problems got reflashed. Lost 8-10 lbs of boost and still have sensor problems.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on the tone of the above posts so far:

I just renewed the Cali Tags on my truck. That gives me a little time to do some research on just What this re-flash.. Does, or more important to me .. Doesn't do.. to my 6.7.

I'll post any findings as soon as I have any.

Joe

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay.. After calling the Ford 1- 800 numbers and getting PURELY scripted response's that said nothing.. I went over to FTE, purdy good gouge over there about the 6.7, 14EO3 recall for re-flash.

In short: All this re-flash does is reprogram the parameters of a EGT sensor thats on the DPF.. during the DPF Re-Gen cycle(s). No impact on power or performance.

Apparently (news to me) this sensor was/is known to fail*, maybe causing a possible on the road shut down (?).. so this is Fords fix (for now). Whether it prolongs the cycle to accomplish the EPA requirements.. is up for debate.. over there.

That's what I gleaned from the FTE discussions.

Took mine in early this AM, had it done.. then made a 180 mile speed run to Bakersfield, Ca. NO Noticeable Differences In Anything... on [my] 6.7.

Joe

* some of the FTE guyz are carrying a spare DPF EGT sensor. (smacks of the 7.3 CPS issue ?)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58