Re-Flash

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:thumbs What we all wanted to hear!

Dave

;tu

Wish I coulda found a little more.. in depth technical data on it though. All I could find, it was all about some DPF temp parameters.. but it Does seem to run a touch better.. or at least the same. In the recall notice it said something about "Improved Drivability" afterwards.. so... Who Knows :dunno

Dun Deal.

Joe

JRJ04

Reaction score
Well...hate to open this one back up but...

Changed my oil on Sunday (switched over to Rotella T6 5W-40 Full Syn cause it was on sale and cheaper than the T5 10W-30 I usually run) and filled up and put in a nice little dose of power service. All was well...drove fine, shifted fine, power was good etc. Was driving home last night (about 45 min drive mostly highway speeds of 60+ mph) and on 4 separate occasions, the "Cleaning Exhaust Filter" message popped up. Its like the truck tried going into regen, but could never quite fully engage. Mileage hasn't dropped at all that i can tell. this morning, same thing happened again but was only two times. I think it was able to fully regen this time based on mileage dropping on the computer (which is normally does), but won't know for sure until i drive home today. Anyone else experienced this?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't noticed mine doing anything strange, DPF Regen wize :dunno

Maybe just keep an eye on it...see if it continues, if so..... take it back to FORD ?

Joe

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(Full Syn cause it was on sale and cheaper than the T5 10W-30 I usually run)Do the 6.7 not use a 15-W-40 like all orthers do?

Doug

JRJ04

Reaction score
(Full Syn cause it was on sale and cheaper than the T5 10W-30 I usually run)Do the 6.7 not use a 15-W-40 like all orthers do?

Doug

don't have my owner's manual in front of me, but almost positive that the recommended viscosity is 10w-30 for most applications. Little different than the past ones.

JRJ04

Reaction score
Well I'll be darned if it hasn't happened again. This time (did it to me several times on the highway last night) and then again this morning. Only difference is that it set a code this time...CEL is on, so it's at the dealer getting looked at (Thank goodness for the extended warranty!).

Dealer just called as i was on the phone...got a coolant leak at the turbo and EGT #4 has failed. They claim both of those being wrong will not allow it to go into regen. The EGT sensor I can believe. The coolant leak at the turbo...I'm struggling with bigtime!

They're doing a manual regen to throw it in so that it won't keep doing this (gonna cost me $80 which I'm not thrilled about), replacing the sensor and repairing the coolant leak. My question (which they didn't seem to be firm on) was, what is causing the regen fail in the first place? We'll see what happens...

JRJ04

Reaction score
Alright, got it back today. Current mileage is around 68,***. Code set was P2033. Service ticket stated: "Retrieved continuous DTC P2033. Referred to TSB 15-0054. Monitored freeze frame for when DTC was set. Found EGT #2 sensor reading high at 2.505K degrees while all others read around 600. Replace EGT Sensor #2 per TSB. Cleared DTCs, retest, road test, working to fact spec at this time."

Now, they also had to do a manual regen and charged me $80 for it. Personally, I don't think this was necessary and if I had to guess...thats not part of the TSB. What i think should have been done is a road test...it probably would have kicked in on its own which is what i would have preferred. Then we'd know for sure its working. I didnt fight this one much because i like my service guy and figured even it was an upcharge/sales pitch...why not throw him a bone...

Does this seem consistent that a faulty sensor could cause regens to fail?

Also, quick disconnect fitting on turbo cooling line was bad...replaced that as well and topped off coolant. I suppose all is well there now?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm.. Keep us informed ?

I would think a Re-gen.. under driving conditions (Load) would be more relative/conducive to "Real world" results too JR.

Joe

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Since the reflash has anyone else noticed the DEF refill light coming on sooner(less miles traveled) and the tank not taking a full container of fluid?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58