rear disc brakes and aluminum diff cover installed!

96P_Stroke4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the stock brake line fitting for the steel line that goes into the drum did not match up with the end of the rubber hoses that i got from blackbird's. i also had to shorten the stock steel brake lines to allow for the length of the rubber hose.

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what did you have to do to make the fitting match up? Did they have to send you another or what? Sorry for all the questions, I like having all my ducks in a row before I start a project. Particularly when it could leave me with my truck in pieces in someone's garage.

96P_Stroke4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i took the hose that i got from blackbird's and picked up a compression fitting that threaded into the hose and fit the 3/16" steel line. the stock fitting was too large to fit in the brake hose, which i didn't know until i took it off. i know you're not supposed to have compression fittings on brake lines but this is temporary until i can get some time to put on flared end fittings. i needed a quick setup. napa would probably have the flared fittings for brake lines, autozone was closer.
i don't mind the questions at all. at least you have a garage to work in. all my work is done in the street.

96P_Stroke4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, but the problem is that your garage is 300 miles and change away. and it's currently occupied with your truck lol

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea it's no fun not having a garage. And it's not fun trying to work in my apartment parking lot with all the oil puddles and gravel !! But I'll have to put this project on my list and start saving up after I pay off my new tranny being built.

BKB94

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Did they tell you what rotors they use in there kit? I would hope its a common rotor that you can buy at AutoZone

96P_Stroke4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brad, you won't be disappointed with how much better it stops after the conversion. and maintenance will be so much easier than the drums.
bkb94, they didn't say what application the rotors came from, and i never asked. but i'm sure they would use a common rotor to keep costs down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14