Rebuilding my 4R100 advice

seanyounk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am going to try my luck at rebuilding my 4R100 out of my 99 F250.

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of part numbers I can use to save hours of agonizing research?

I have stacked Edge chips with the attitude on dash module. Full 4" exhaust from the turbo. ATS turbo shroud. AFE stage III intake. injectors coming next year.

I do not want to rebuild this again until my son is driving it.

I would greatly appreciate your advice.

Sean

sandman911

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've never done a rebuild personally, but I have custom John Wood tranny in my truck and I'm set up like you. I love it!!! he garantees it for 800 rear wheel horspower!

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
check out brian's truck shop, i have also heard many good things about their work.

i think the site address is brianstruckshop.com

bigdiesel99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to try my luck at rebuilding my 4R100 out of my 99 F250.

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of part numbers I can use to save hours of agonizing research?

I have stacked Edge chips with the attitude on dash module. Full 4" exhaust from the turbo. ATS turbo shroud. AFE stage III intake. injectors coming next year.

I do not want to rebuild this again until my son is driving it.

I would greatly appreciate your advice.

Sean

check out this link very good kits here
http://www.suncoastconverters.com/ford/ford_products.html

dpantazis

Reaction score
seanyounk-

how old is your son? it may matter :p

there was a guy on the drama stop that did a pretty good job of chronicaling his 4r100 rebuild with pics and parts and such.

i think his name was Richter69. you may try searching there. be warned though, finding stuff there is about as painfull as pulling porcupoine quills out of your dog!

dp

seanyounk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
New Ford Heavy Duty Tranny replacement

A local shop (friend on mine)says Ford has a Heavy Duty tranny replacement for this one now. It is Model # 6U2Z7B000LRN. I can get it for significantly less than the approx $3600 MSRP. It would have a nationwide 3 yr warranty.

Has anyone tried one of these yet?

seanyounk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Recieved a tech manual the other day.

I got a tech manual from Oregon Performance Transmission the other day. I have read through it a couple times, Seems like a pretty in depth quality manual. It seems pretty simple to do. Possibly one specialty tool I might buy!

Some body has to have tried this by now! How did it go. I have only seen one other posting where someone did this.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
last time I rebuilt one of my own transmissions, it was the C-4 out of my Granada. There's a couple of special tools that you MUST have to do it properly.

Couple guys I grew up with own a transmission shop now. I send all my stuff over there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58