remote start

metzer.hr

METZ44
Reaction score
I just had a viper alarm with remote start installed at BestBuy. When i push the remote start the truck runs for 15 seconds then shuts down. The system will than try to restart the truck fot a total of three times before it suspends.MY truck never tries the three times. The unit worked fine after BestBuy installed but the truck was hot. It seems when the truck is cold(NE PA temp 30')the remote start doesnt work, I have to put the system of. The tech at BB said he put my truck on virtual tach, not direct hard wire for rpms.Does anyone have an alarm system with remote start and does it work. the turbo timer works fine when I remove the key and set the alarm, the truck runs for 60-90 seconds before it shuts down. I run an EDGE EVOLUTION tuner, we tried running the viper with and without the the edge hooked up and have the same results.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
on my truck i believe the process as if the engine oil temp or pressure is read by the ecm as not in range, the viper will pick up that signal and shut down.
mine did it often in cold weather if i had not plugged in the truck
often it would not start at all, it would keep trying for three times then lock out.

one solution was the timer they should have installed to allow the glow plugs to run a bit longer.
mine had a rotating switch to change the prestart timer
give viper or dei a call and talk to a tech.

a momentary loss of oil pressure signal or low pressure may not trip the ecm to shut down the truck. but i think the viper is set to be on the side of caution so an engine doesn't continue to run if a loss of oil pressure is detected, even if its a transient false reading

also on the 6.0 all rpms for use by other sources besides the ecm are a SHADOW or ghost signal.
it shouldnt make a difference,
I bet its a low oil pressure that is causing the shut down,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14