remote starters

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a remote starter on their truck? I am considering one and have seen some that are "diesel friendly" Some good advice would be appreciated. I am also having a hard time uploading a picture.

2004 F-350, Banks six gun with speed loader, Airaid intake, MBRP 4" exhaust with cat delete pipe, banks dynafact gauges.

Rex-a-FORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the remote starts for diesels this day and age use a time delay to allow time for the glow plugs to do their thing.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Won't have another vehicle without remote start !
got one years ago as part of the negotiating on my Jeep 5.9 limited and now NEED one !

The only thing I will opt for next time is a two way remote so it acknowledges when it starts if it's out of visual....

go fer it !
Best thing for the DFW summers to jump in a cooled off black Excursion !

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i got one for the wifes car a few years ago.it had a wire that had to be connected to the wait to start light wireing so it would now when the glow plugs went out before it started the truck.it was made by AVITAL.

Lifted94XLT

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've got an Ungo (clarion) remote start on my 04, and its great..... its got a 15sec. delay time on it (Its fully adjustable and I need to turn down the delay a little bit). I use it all the time, and it will still allow the factory high idle setting to iniciate (sp?)
--Ryan

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i have one with my alarm. LOVE it.
freaking wonderful and under 400 smackers installed that includes alarm and some goodies

it will wait 5-30 secs. and is user adjustable
will run for 30 minutes
if it doesnt start the frst time. (short starter grind)
it will time out in 30 secs, and retry.

COMPOSER

COMPOSER
Reaction score
Look at the bulldog delux 500 for diesel. All the bells and whistles \. I think I paid less than $150.00. Did the install myself. I would reccommend getting the ford harness from thenm as well. This does make the installation very smooth and easy. Check it out! A LOT of extras included in it. Like temp sesor so it can activate your eletronic climate control. It knows the temp in your cab.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
composer_
thanks for the little tid bit of info. i too would like one, just didn't want to spend big $$$. i will say that my selling dealership told me to only let a (them) do the install as if someone else does it and the electrical system shorts out, it is rather costly to repair. they had re-done 3 at the time of my inquiry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg