Removing bed

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got a big tree to park it under or an A frame to hook a com-a long to, or 4 big o boys to help life it off.
Doug

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I put an heavy eye bolt in the in the ceiling of the garage......rain ropes to the corner tie downs and used a chain hoist to pull mine.

03F250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Soak them with WD-40 or some other penetrating oil. Let stand over night and try again. I have some great tork bits, but I don't remember the company who made them.

Dave :)

Ok, so I got a mini-torch at Lowe's and some PB Blaster. The PB blaster is flammable, though, so I don't think I'm gonna be using them together. :D

So, I guess I need to hit them with some heat first since the PB Blaster won't evaporate and I'll end up igniting it if I do the heat 2nd.

More to come...

03F250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, since I didn't post back, I'll bet you're wondering what happened to this.

I snapped like 3 or 4 Torx bits on the bolts next to the cab. I gave up.

03F250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The way to remove those stubborn bolts is to weld a nut onto the head. Then break out the impact gun and rip them out. ;tu;tu

Thanks. I don't own a welder or the skill to weld, but I'll keep that in the back of my mind for future reference.