Removing bed

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got a big tree to park it under or an A frame to hook a com-a long to, or 4 big o boys to help life it off.
Doug

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I put an heavy eye bolt in the in the ceiling of the garage......rain ropes to the corner tie downs and used a chain hoist to pull mine.

03F250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Soak them with WD-40 or some other penetrating oil. Let stand over night and try again. I have some great tork bits, but I don't remember the company who made them.

Dave :)

Ok, so I got a mini-torch at Lowe's and some PB Blaster. The PB blaster is flammable, though, so I don't think I'm gonna be using them together. :D

So, I guess I need to hit them with some heat first since the PB Blaster won't evaporate and I'll end up igniting it if I do the heat 2nd.

More to come...

03F250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, since I didn't post back, I'll bet you're wondering what happened to this.

I snapped like 3 or 4 Torx bits on the bolts next to the cab. I gave up.

03F250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The way to remove those stubborn bolts is to weld a nut onto the head. Then break out the impact gun and rip them out. ;tu;tu

Thanks. I don't own a welder or the skill to weld, but I'll keep that in the back of my mind for future reference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr