Replacement Air Filter

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am ok with keeping the stock filter as long as I can get them at a reasonable price. Another filter that is way to much is the fuel filter. I believe they were around $80. From searching FleetFilter.com I should be able to get all my filters for the price of one air filter here locally. Now on there website, they advertise 6 in a case but if I order one in the checkout am I getting six or one?

Scott

Last edited:

Invader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out your International/Navistar Truck shop for fuel filters or a Racor distributor. I paid 52.00 CDN for the fuel filters at International, they were in a Racor box.

Beachbumcook

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rgdillon said:
How long is it going to take you to recoup that $300 bucks? And don't most of them take a special cleaner and then need to be oiled? Add that to the cost also. For you - using the $75 a pop number - you would have to travel at least 200K before you even start to see a savings. Your at 53K on an 04 - so that's a bout 25K a year. So it's going to be maybe another 8 years before you recoup any savings on that $300 (plus cleaners and oil).

$75 I think is a high price to pay - I bought 2 filters last year - stock Ford Donaldson blue media - for $37.16. So I'm sure that if you look hard enough the deals are out there. Add to the fact that eventually the prices will come down.

So let's say you find them at $50 bucks - at your rate of travel and mileage on the filters that's six filters now and up to $300K and 12 years before you again start to break even.

As for the micron rating of the Donaldson - hell I can't remember - have it around here somewhere - but it's better than any other out there. Sure - the others may flow a tad better - but at the cost of filtration.

My views on it anyway :)

Ron

Great post and analysis of the situation.

Donnalson makes two kinds of filter media I am told... not sure if Fleetfilter selss the blue media version??

The blue media (stock filter) is a synthetic material and is not affected by moisture. The other is a white media and is cellulose... still a Donnalson Powercore, but cellulose instead of the blue synthetic media/fiber... hence the lowewr cost.

Can anybody verify if the fleetfilter filters are the white or blue media filters.

Thanks,

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
rgdillon,

No you don't understand this is a filter that has a MSRP of 77.50, we have them for less than that of course . It's uses the stock Ford black plastic housing.

Don't be fooled by the Ford air minder or the Powersore filter. While the Powercore is great at filtering it is restrictive, I replaced my original one at 8000 miles and got immediate higher boost PSI. When I replaced that one with an AFE Stage I Pro Guard 7 system I got even more boost PSI. So far my silicone readings have been the same as the Powercore too. The Ford air minder has proven itself to be very inconsistent too, don't use it as a guide as to when to change the filter.

Mark @ DPPI

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
I'm running K&N FIPK for 60k, silicone is at 4 ppm when universal average is 12 ppm (Blackstone). HOWEVER, I installed the K&N at 15k, long before viewing any of these forums. Knowing what I know now, and not knowing how the K&N would perform, I may be hesitant to buy a $300 filter.

Glad I did, though. It was worth it for me.:thumbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14