Replacement Shocks

Steve Edwards

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have 1 shock leaking on front left side, and was wondering what replacement to use.
Should I just replace with standard OEM shocks or something better.
Are KYB Gas A Just 554347 shocks good shocks. And are the front shocks easy to change while on ground?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
KYBs will be better than stock shocks. Bilstein's are even better but they cost a lot. I am guessing you don't like spending money on your truck, so go with KYBs.

quazar

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have 1 shock leaking on front left side, and was wondering what replacement to use.
Are KYB Gas A Just 554347 shocks good shocks. And are the front shocks easy to change while on ground?
Bilsteins will make you happy, investing in good shocks is worth the extra bucks

ampb5rider

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Take a look what's available, deside what you want to spend, see what the reviews are.

tabdiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Here's the deal, I have Bilstein shocks on my F250. But,any shocks you put on a 3/4 or 1 ton truck won't make a noticeable difference because the spring rate is so stiff.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go and buy the Bilstein's and be done with it. They should last the rest of your trucks life.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Bilsteins WILL make a difference on ANY truck you put them on. It may not be a big difference.

l2d racing

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

I replaced the OEM shocks on my 8000 lb F350 about five years ago with KYB gas shocks. We use this truck to tow a 18,000 lb loaded race trailer throughout the southwest US exclusively. We have never had an issue and the ride is great with or without the trailer hooked up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track