Replacing compressor wheel?

DigRacer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I sucked a wire tie into my intake tract and it broke some fins on the compressor wheel. I noticed it right away, and the truck still runs fine, but I want to replace the wheel before it self destructs from being out of balance.

First question, where do I get a new wheel and is there an upgraded wheel I can put in while it's apart?

Second question, how difficult is this procedure and does someone know where I can get some directions for doing this?

Thank you for any help on this. I won't drive my truck until it's fixed, and I hate watching it just sit there.

Gary

lifted_up

TractorMan
Reaction score
Compressor Wheel

You can get an upgraded turbo compressor wheel at deiselsite.com or blackclouddiesel.com. I just installed a wicked wheel today from dieselsite - $77 plus shipping. Took me two hours to install it and the HPX line. I did not remove the turbo from the engine and it worked out just fine, sounds great and does improve the low end a whole lot!:sweet If you want a a stock wheel I'll send you my old one (it is in good shape) if you pay shipping.PM me.

DigRacer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
That is AWESOME info! Thanks for the offer on your wheel, but I just ordered a wicked wheel! I saw their directions for replacement, but could you give a brief description of how you changed yours without taking the turbo off?

Thanks again,

Gary

DigRacer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You guys are awesome! Thanks again. Now I can't wait to get it installed!

Is there any other mods I should do while this is apart?

DigRacer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Little update. Got the new wheel on, and I can see why they call it "the wicked wheel". The truck has WICKED throttle response now! Doesn't feel any faster up high, but the truck will bake the tires from a dead stop now without building boost first. Plus, it sounds cool!

Thanks again for the info guys, and thanks to Dieselsite for their great service and products!

hoopd450

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
does any one know if they make a wicked wheel for an early 99 truck or if this mod is even needed since the turbos are different?

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that the early 99 wheel is the same as the wicked wheel. I may be wrong.

DigRacer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I believe that the early 99 wheel is the same as the wicked wheel. I may be wrong.

That's what I heard also.

After seeing the two wheel side bye side, there is no mistaking them. The stock wheel, all the fins look about the same. The wicked wheel, every other fin is bigger, so one big, one small, one big, one small. You get the picture. :D

Vdubbugman53

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i have an early 99 and there is no way they are the same...i can not cut my tires loose from a dead stop unless I'm turning....and I'm at 600ft lbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg