Question Replacing fuel filter

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The easiest way to clean the EGR is to get on it. Drive it hard for a few miles and that will blow out the carbon in the EGR. I have cleaned mine twice with a brush, but it was not needed. Babying these diesels is the quickest way to problems.

Dave

NDsuperduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looked at some old paperwork, and when the local dealership did some work on my truck by mistake they replaced the fuel filter. So its only been 20k miles since it was changed. Still overdue, but not near as bad as i thought.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With 20,000 you should be OK, I have been changing mine at 15 or 16 and they have still been clean. Getting on the 6.0 is real good for it every now and then. Don't know why the fuel filters on a 6.0 cost so much, I keep new ones in the tool box all the time, just in case they stop up.
Doug

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in on the 10K group. She gets oil and filter change every 5K, then the fuel filters every other oil change.

I keep records of mileage, hours, and dates, but it is just easier for me to remember to change them with every other oil change.

Plus, although I've never had any issues with water in fuel or clogged filters, I don't want to either. I've been getting my fuel filters at the international dealer for just over $30 for the set...it's cheap enough for me to not go another 5K with them.

cubalz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I change both of my fuel filters every 10k. In fact - I follow the severe duty recommended interval schedule by Ford even though my truck leads the easy life. I think of it as cheap insurance in my book.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58