Question Replacing ICP?

Jim up north

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever replaced the ICP sensor on their trucks or can it only be done by the ford guys? For as now my warrenty has run out . The part is around 120..$ , but they say about 4 hours work at 85.00$ an hour. They say it is only accessible from underneath and behind a heat shield. I have checked out the 6 l bible , but can`t see very well where it is . Would anyone have a better picture of where it might be ?

Thanks , Jim

2004 F-350 Crewcab FX-4 automatic

Last edited:

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
It's amazing how easy it is for some of those service advisors to lie to people. When they did mine, I watched (from a distance)the tech crawl up onto the top of the engine and reach down with extension and univ.joint,and maybe a special deep socket,not sure. It took all of 20 min.'s. I'm sure it was a bit tricky but went quickly;or did he just pretend to change it? The right tool for the job makes things a bunch easier. Charging good folks 4 hrs. for this is how they stay in business I guess. Good luck, let us know how it went.

Jim up north

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello Fordoor

Little question about your ICP replacement , was your's located somewhere behind the turbo .

Thanks Jim

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Yes; and behind y-pipe and beneath exh. expansion joint. Like I said, I didn't do it myself, but he made it look easy. Hope this helps.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My truck currently has the CEL on and the code is for the ICP sensor. If anyone has any more information or a good procedure I would be extremely interested. I dont have the $4-500 to have the dealer fix this for me.

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Are you getting code P2285? I just looked this up and apparently there is an ICP sensor repair kit. The procedure when you get code P2285 is to first clear the code,then restart and wiggle the connection to the sensor. If the code comes back then replace connection with P/N 3C3Z-1224-AA.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
fordoor,

That is the code that I have:
P2285 Injector Control Pressure Sensor Circuit Low

Do you have any more information on the kit, Is this a new "pigtail" or something else? I can clear the code, It has actually cleared and come back on it's own before.

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Only guessing,but you're probably right about it being a pigtail. Ford parts dept. should tell you. Your symtoms suggest that it may just be that bad connection. I'd start there first; clean and replace.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim