Question Reving at start up

FordFarming7

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Not Sure if it has a chip or programmer. If it does I cant see it or tell it. And how do I go about the ICP sensor?? LOcation?? Thanks

FordFarming7

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I put a new air filter in the truck today. Come to find out it has an aftermarket box witch takes a big panel type filter(not sure of the name). Cranked it up and to my suprise it acted fine. It may have acted like it "wanted" to do its little reving fit that it has but never did. Could this have possibly been my problem?? Anyways, I pulled a tractor to my buddys house(first load ived pulled with it)and could definately tell a differance in the turbo sound when you let out the throttle< almost like the hopped up diesels do that chirping noise at the truck pull. I hope that this straightened it out but is that even possible??

FordFarming7

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. Just wanted to give yall an update. Carried the truck to the Ford dealer and turns out my problem was the ICP sensor. They replaced it and the trucks been doing fine since.

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad it is repaired. If you don't mind, what did they charge?

FordFarming7

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
$400 for the parts and labor. I didn't care about the price myself. Had a little problem with the a/c. Charged $80 to fix that so $480 all together.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58