Question Reving at start up

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
P1464 is "A/C Demand Out of Self Test Range". P2285 is a non existent code as far as I can tell with my two year old source. P0404 and 405 are EGR codes.

Dave

FordFarming7

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So with the 2 EGR codes that its throwing will a new EGR fix my problem?? I crunk it up today and it cranked right up ran fine for about 30 seconds then reved up and down a few times and cut off. Cranked right back up though.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
P0405 is a circuit low. This means that you are not getting any high signals to the computer. High signals tell the computer that something has happened and if it is not seeing that signal, then the computer sets the code. Code P0404 says basically that the EGR is not working properly. A new EGR should cure this problem.

Dave

FordFarming7

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
New EGR installed. Def. helped but its still not quite right. It cranks right up, does a quick rev with a puff of blake smoke and goes to 1000 rpms and sits there for at least 5 mins. even when its 95 degrees outside. When it does decide to idle down some it only goes down to 800 or so rpms. It will do that and run fine then you try it later and it acts sluggish or something when you try to take on off. Any other ideas?? Oh I also changed both fuel filters and air filter.

FordFarming7

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
CRanked it up just a few mins. ago and it run fine for about 30 seconds again then reved up and down 9 or 10 times and puffed blake smoke. it did not go to 1000 rpms like it normally would just started idling again????

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Blowing black smoke is over fueling. The PCM and the FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) control the injection functions. Do you have a chip or a programmer? This sounds like your chip or programmer is at fault. If you are not sure, you need to take it to someone who can find out if you do or not. Good Luck!

Dave :)

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P2285 indicates a bad ICP sensor (or possibly the plug is oil soaked and shorting out). Unplug the ICP and see how it runs.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58