rising temp

FordDieselDog

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
edsf460 said:
Ken i have a 05 dually crew 4x4 my did the same thing except it was boiling it out of the coolant cap I took it in and they replaced both head gaskets. It took 25 days to get my truck back. I just got it back and pulled my first trailer and It started heating on the first hill i hit with a 9000 trailer. I'm taking it back to to the dealer. but i'm only 5 days away from lemon law. I already talked to a lawyer about it He told me he has done a lot of ford diesel trucks already. please let me know how you make out with yours good luck P.S. the mechanic told me there are no electric fans just a electric clutch on your regular fan that locks it up at a certain temp.

My experience is same. 2005 F350 SD 6.0L CC 4x4 DRW 4:10 Auto (completely stock), heated up first trip out with heavy load. Running around town, everything was fine. Dealer replaced coolant cap, instrument panel, turbo, EGR, etc. and finally both head gaskets. Ultimately, the truck was out of service for 37 days, and the truck was replaced under the “lemon law”. Replacement truck performs fine.

5vertugger

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
update

I took my truck in today to have the temp problem looked at. They are going to replace the instrument cluster. The cluster is on backorder and if we are lucky it will only take 2 weeks otherwise about a month. I left the dealer with the truck and on the way home I notice a crack in the windshield on the drivers side about 3 inches long. I called service but they were gone. I left a message with the service manager. I guess it never ends.
Ken

5vertugger

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Update 2

Here's an update to my problem with the rising temp. The instrument cluster came in I took my truck in they installed the cluster , I also had a problem with the power steering when it was turned almost to the extreme position to the left it would vibrate and make a rubbing noise. There is a tsb for this its 05-6-13 they replace two power steering hoses, it is quiet now.
I will check out the temp problem this weekend when I hook up the 5ver and drive for a couple hours I will have some good climbs on this trip. I hope this takes care of the problem, if not this is strike 2.

Ken

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg