Run'n Boards question ??

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of polished stainless steel running boards on my dually. They are getting scratched & worn on the areas where you step to get in and out of the truck.

I'm thinking of applying some Hercu-liner (brush/roll on) Bed Liner material over the length of them, front and rear. Anybody used any of this Hercu-liner on SS ??? Will it adhere to SS ??? any prep work to be done ??? Use something else ???

Any info or ideas would be appreciated......

:dunno

JOE

Rcannon

HOWDY!
Reaction score
BIG JOE said:
I have a set of polished stainless steel running boards on my dually. They are getting scratched & worn on the areas where you step to get in and out of the truck.

I'm thinking of applying some Hercu-liner (brush/roll on) Bed Liner material over the length of them, front and rear. Anybody used any of this Hercu-liner on SS ??? Will it adhere to SS ??? any prep work to be done ??? Use something else ???

Any info or ideas would be appreciated......

:dunno

JOE
I think you will need to prep first, make sure there isn't any polish on them and I bet you need to scuff them before rolling for max adhesion. My best advice would be to call Ziebart or local Mom and Pop and ask their advice. good luck.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rcannon said:
I think you will need to prep first, make sure there isn't any polish on them and I bet you need to scuff them before rolling for max adhesion. My best advice would be to call Ziebart or local Mom and Pop and ask their advice. good luck.

Thanks. I figured on scuffing them up and wipeing'm down good with Acetone. I'll give a local liner installer a call. Think I'm guna give it a shot.

Thanks for the feedback.

JOE

OBTW.... Congrats on yer new truck :thumbs

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll bet you'll have to scuff them then put an etching primer on for best adhesion

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14