Running board lights on an Excursion

obonaventure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
West Deptford, Gloucester County, Southern New Jer
architect-builder said:
I took pics of the harness I made, connections, etc... And then, changed computers and am trying to find them. :sorry When I do, I'll post them for what ever help they might be.

Wiring them up is going to be my big issue. I'm not familair with how/where everything is wired up on the Truck. I want to do a good job and don't want to cause any electrical issues with the rest of the truck.

I would appreciate any help you or anyone could give me.

Thanks!

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going this week to get some lights for the runninng boards, I want to figure out how to wire them into the lights when you hit the keyless entry, the turnsignals and running lights...This should be interesting. T-bar has the cool hookup on his....maybe he can key in here and give us some pointers!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW ? I found some nice, small, LEDs @ www.superbriteleds.com

Fast service, good value.

I got some that look like a 5mm bolt head, the center lights up. They look like part of the running board style. I did'nt do any fancy wireing, just tapped into the rear fender, side lights.

:dunno

JOE

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
HCAbowman said:
I am going this week to get some lights for the runninng boards, I want to figure out how to wire them into the lights when you hit the keyless entry, the turnsignals and running lights...This should be interesting. T-bar has the cool hookup on his....maybe he can key in here and give us some pointers!

You smart folks correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'd think you could connect the wire from the new running board lights to the brown wire on the headlight switch assembly...the exact same thing I did when installing the cab clearance lamps. When the running lights are on, your new running board lights would be on. If you want them to flash with the turn signals, then it's a different story.:sweet

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg