running flat no missed

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wife went out and started here truck this morning.it had a slight shake to it.when she got to the black top and took off.the truck started shaking about 1500 to 2000 rpm.had know prower.i drove it tonight and on the low end it feels alright.but when you get going it does have a shack and has no power.i hit this hill at 70mph and at the top i was down to 40mph (about 1/4 mile hill empty).she said the truck ran fine when she park it.i check all the outside VC plugs looked fine,check fuel pressure (62 psi)
it doesn't have a missed or coughs just runs flat.kinda like a old chevy with a stuck choke.
the EBPV and cat have been gutted so these are ruled out.i did GP and replace one VCG,under VC harness,and one outside VC plug and pins 2 weaks ago so they should fine but will check them again.
what else can i check?or has anybody have this happen?we (me and the wife) do all are work on the trucks and never run across this.some idea would be helpful..i only have a SCMT for code reading and no codes are on it.i hope this make sence,just hard to put it to words what it doing.
:thanks

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
jsut throwing ideas here.have you checked the oil level?,fuel filter?hpop pressures?fuel pressure while driving?intake hoses/boots for a boost leak?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a FWIW... I'd check yer Fuel Filter first. No power, shakeing, low end ok, but with a demand.... it falls off.... Fuel supply (system) would be my guess.

JOE

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
or the the fuel shut off switch at eh passenger kick panel
the truck will start and idle somewhat ok but will not accel very well and really feel like no power
i have done it few times with my fuel cut off switch and forget to turn it on after its been parked in a less than desirable area
makes it hard for thieves to get far very fast

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
or the the fuel shut off switch at eh passenger kick panel
the truck will start and idle somewhat ok but will not accel very well and really feel like no power
i have done it few times with my fuel cut off switch and forget to turn it on after its been parked in a less than desirable area
makes it hard for thieves to get far very fast

no electric cutout on the OBS trucks though fuel pump on it's way south does sound like a reasonable possibility.

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first off let me thank everybody for the ideas.i had check everything listed but the fuel and hpop pressure going down the road.
tonight i pulled the chip still done it.so i pulled the driverside VC.started it and found no oil coming out of #2 & #4 injectors.the side i just put a new harness and replaced 2 pins in plug 2 weaks ago.well i took the plug back apart everything look good and put it back together and got oil squiting again.
i made her happy and made her cry at the sametime:roflmao .she thought she was getting new injectors.but she is happy i got her running again.
thanks for all the help.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58