Running like its cold but I know its not?

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called around to all the local shops in hopes of finding a scanner I could borrow. Instead, after telling one guy all my symptoms he said it sounds like my computer may be in a "limp mode" and to try resetting it by disconnecting the batteries for a few hours. Anyone ever heard of this?
Thanks!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
To reset the VSS error code I disco'd the batteries for an hour which worked.

Most Autozone or alike automotive parts stores should have an OBD-II scanner to run your truck for diagnostic trouble codes and they'll scan it free of charge but you have to get it there first.:confused:

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't checked the UVC yet, but things just went from bad to worse. I thought I'd disconnect the PCM and reconnect it to make sure I got a good connection so I disconnected the batteries & the PCM then reconnected everything now the truck just cranks but never turns over

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scratch that last post, I got it runnin again..if you can call it running...I guess I got a bit too much WD-40 on the PCM connector or not a good connection on the ICP plug when I took out my 10k. It's back to hard starting, slow to rev, and hard to get to idle unless I slowly decrese the revs until it's on its own. If I'm holding it at 1200 and suddenly let off it'll die which is what it has been doing the past couple of days.
thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14