Running like its cold but I know its not?

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went out warm it up, hoping that she was just cold last night and actin up. I let it warm up today for about 15 minutes, tried backing out of my driveway with no luck. Even with the pedal to the floor the RPM's stay below 1K and she doesn't have the power to back out of the driveway.
Thanks!

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Two thoughts:
Is your EBPV open?
Maybe you have a bad "right foot position indicator" (throttle pedal)?

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Can anyone give me specific instrustions to tell if the EPV is stuck, and exactly where its located?

It's the flapper valve that is in the outlet of the turbo housing where the downpipe is hooked up. The actuator is built into the turbo pedestal with the actuator rod connected to a EPBV arm on the underside of the turbo.

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KC Northland, by the airport. Would trouple with the PCM cause this. I hooked up at Bullydog chip to it yesterday and all the truck would do is crank but never turn over with the chip in. After removing the chip the truck ran fine. Could something have happened after turning the truck off and letting it sit?
Thanks!

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me exactly how to disoconnect the EBP valve the easiest way? I see the valve but can't seem to reach under it.
Thanks!

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's the EPBV because I unplugged the 2-wire plug with the wire hoop connector at the base of the turbo. Also, before I unplugged it and gave it gas I heard the wooshing sound that I believe is the valve opening. I also don't believe the problem is the TPS because while parked the throttle responds when I push the pedal. Finally, I don't think the fuel line is clogged because after dumping the bowl it refills just fine. I'm parked on a bit of a grade and after warming the motor up for over 30 mintues I put it in reverse and floor it, all that happens is the rpms stay around 1K and the truck doesn't move. Any other ideas?
Thanks guys!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14