Rust removal

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking. How much is a bottle? couple of bux? wont hurt to try it once anyway.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I see he used MALT vinegar, which differs from the white or red vinegars available in the states.. may take some looking for...

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a rusty hitch ball. Soaking in apple cider vinegar now. Tomorrow we shall see!

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vinegar is acetic acid which will give you the corrosive effect and remove the rust from what I can find in a quick search online about malt vinegar it appears that it is fermented so I doubt from a chemical reaction standpoint that it will help with the removal of the rust

Malt vinegar is very popular in England. It's made from fermented barley and grain mash, and flavored with woods such as beech or birch. It has a hearty flavor and is often served with fish and chips.

Heinz makes a malt vinegar
so it will be available just more expensive than the normal vinegars as it is more fancy

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
Now I'm sad, ill still try though, I'm sure I can find something rusty in the yard to try it on, I'm guessing any vinegar (acid) will work,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58