RV Roof Maintanence

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother in-law need his camper done too. So I'm cleaning the shop so we can put both camper in after the washing.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother in-law need his camper done too. So I'm cleaning the shop so we can put both camper in after the washing.

;tu That's the ONE thing I wish I had had access to.. an indoor place to do the work. Yer Lucky. The drying/curing process should be a Snap.

Depending on the Overall roof condition ? You may want to [Gently] pressure wash them ?? (the instructions talks about that) (I Hate instructions:sly:D)

Last edited:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Depends on what kinda roofing material is on it Bama. If it's the rubber membrain type.. they're typically good for 5 to 8 years. IIRC, some of those FEMA trailors had sectional Aluminum sheet roofs.:dunno

No aluminum sheet roof on this one. It feels more like the rubber type.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No aluminum sheet roof on this one. It feels more like the rubber type.

Well then, yer back to the Chalky stuff coming off and the Black spots maybe.

The rubber (EDPM) roof material is a Laminate.. The Black spots is the second laminate layer beginning to show through.. Doesn't mean yer roof is SHOT.. just means something is going to need to be done.. at some point in the future. Where it Was, and is now stored, has a lot to do with it too. Outside, Inside, Local weather extremes, that kinda thing.

Being fairly new to the RV world ? You might ask around with other RV'rs and have them, or a RV shop.. take a look at your roof.. for some opinions ??

:dunno

Last edited:

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
The shedding of white chalky material is normal. It's supposed to do that. Good choice on the elastomeric coating. I also looked at the two part solution, but for what they want for the product, I can get roofing membrane and re-roof the fiver. My labor is free. Now if I had access to an old barn somewhere where I could re-coat the roof I would be a happy man.

My roof is pushing 17 years old.:eek:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shedding of white chalky material is normal. It's supposed to do that. Good choice on the elastomeric coating. I also looked at the two part solution, but for what they want for the product, I can get roofing membrane and re-roof the fiver. My labor is free. Now if I had access to an old barn somewhere where I could re-coat the roof I would be a happy man.

My roof is pushing 17 years old.:eek:

Very true.

Here, in this part of Cali, we get a lot of Heavy, Sloppy Dew & Fog. Thats what caused me to do a little.. RV Roof Maintanace.

Even though the rig has an Aluminum frame, there's good amount of wooden sub-structure under the roofing. Dry Rot, was my main concern.

Probably could have waited a few more years.. but fer under $100 ? The Free labor ? Why Not..;):):lmao

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64