salesman says i should

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IN my case re the 02 7.3 Ex that they bought back, my selling dealers gen'l mgr did ALL the legwork....
I really didn't recall talking to Ford at all... he played the middle man and REALLY helped me out....

Have bought 2 more ex's from him since....

and remember, it's a negotiation, no matter WHAT they say....
the $2500 usage charge they wanted ?
the $2000 price difference betweent he old and new ?
the upgrades I asked for....

they waived them all - I paid the sales tax difference....

I took the tack that HEY, I didn't build the bad car - why should I be penalized ?

course this WAS in Sept 2004 so they may have changed since then...

good luck...

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
yeah, i must keep that in mind as well - negotiation
since today has pretty much come and gone, i am hoping i hear from him tomorrow.:)

Macattak1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
red 6 0-no said:
yeah, i must keep that in mind as well - negotiation
since today has pretty much come and gone, i am hoping i hear from him tomorrow.:)

Greetings,

Where in MN are you? I am in Rochester. I have a Big Dark Blue ( True Blue) with a Tall Lear Topper. 2% biodiesel? Bad? I think MN is on firm ground expecting that a diesel can run on 2% cat pee if they want to mandate it!

Good luck. Remember, you did not ask for this and you did not build it so you will not pay for it.

What dealers have you had good service at? What Service Mgrs?

Peace

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
check the sig...yes, something is to be said for the fuel here. honestly, i have not had much good service at any of the 3 i've been to which is why i am taking the route i am taking. as for the s.m. well, one turned into a salesman who has now since quite. the other was not to customer friendly and well, lied. the other talked out of both sides of his head, promised lots and then would not return my calls...-mad

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
Update: I have calmed down a little. After lunch David Garner out of Florida called (his # 1-866-631-3788 x7302) to state that my 2 year time limit is up and a replacement is not an option at this time, Ford's position at this time is to repair vehicle. -mad He said he talked to the 3 ser. mgr. all who stated "truck runs fine w/ no problems and that i am getting 15.5 mpg." I said, wait a minute, who did you talk too, who told you 15.5, what is a 2 yr. limit? Everytime i tried to ask a quest. he would cut me off and restate Fords position. -mad I asked him if he looked at the paperwork i only faxed to my selling dealership becuz he gave me the wrong fax # to him, again, restated Fords position. He did state he did not look at my paperwork. When i asked him who told him 15.5 and that that was wrong info, his response was and i quote "oh, now you are calling FOMOCO ser. mgr. liars"!!:thumbs He followed that up w/ i must end this conversation now because I (me) sound frustrated. I asked him if i could speak to a supervisor or someone above him and his response was 'nope'. -mad -mad I told him I had his name/# and that I was going to write a letter to someone and it would get back to him and his response was "go ahead". This guy is 100% grass hole without the gr. I am now awaiting a call back from my salesman. I will keep you all posted. I would like to hear what everybody has to say regarding my situation and who better i should contact, short of BBB autoline.:thanks

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
red 6 0-no said:
After lunch David Garner out of Florida called (his # 1-866-631-3788 x7302) to state that my 2 year time limit is up and a replacement is not an option at this time, Ford's position at this time is to repair vehicle.

IMHO, you've got two issues here:

1. If in fact Ford does have a 2 year policy, you're out of luck and there is nothing that can be done, regardless of how nice or how rude the representative is. Investigate the 2 year policy and see if it's true. In my mind, I'm guessing if a truck is bad enough for Ford to buy it back, it'll happen within a short amount of time (ie: within 2 years).

2. The representative on the phone was more than rude. I've found that writing a letter to the correct person can have some leverage, but it's all within reason. If the 2 year policy is true, the best you can hope for is an apology from someone at FOMOCO for how the situation was handled. I'm guessing that these guys (the rep on the phone) are much like debt collectors in that customer service is not part of the job; in fact, they probably have inner-office competitions to see how mad they can make someone on the phone (the flight attendant in "Meet the Parents" comes to mind). When you complain, the response will be "We don't have a David Garner working for us, never have." See where I'm going with this?

That being said, I don't think the fuel economy issue is worth pursuing basically because there's no way to prove it. Your records are just that, YOUR records. If the service rep has now said you're getting 15.5 MPG, well, there's really no concrete way to prove they're wrong.

Look on the bright side of all this: it's a lease. Yes, your lease isn't over yet but it will be very shortly, and then you can wash your hands of this truck. If you had purchased the truck, you'd really be up the proverbial creek because resale value would be an issue, especially if the buyer ran an OASIS report.

On edit: another option you have is trading the truck in on a different one. I'm not familiar with leases, but if a dealer is looking to move inventory they may take care of the rest of the lease for you or something else. Worth a shot.

Last edited:

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
TexEx- now that i have cooled off awhile, thinking back lots of what he said made no sense. it is a good perspective:thanks . what is a 2 year time limit? my salesman and his ser. mgr. don't/haven't even heard of it. so as for me to look into it, not sure where to go, a lawyer/att. i guess. it very well could be a 'who can piss off the caller the best' contest!!! my wife gave me the same thought as you regarding the lease term, drive it til it is up and give em the keys, that IS an option and w/ how things have gone, it is looking that way. drive it like i stole it.:thumbs :burnit
I am waiting on a phone call from some regional rep. then he/i/salesman will be sitting down for a pow-wow. we shall see how that goes. I can say again, at this point, i am not looking for an outright replacement (i like the truck, just not its performance) i would like to try and get it fixed first. after this meeting, if they want to replace it, who am i to say no. it is just the fact that this guy in FL. started things off on the wrong foot. i am a business owner, if i treated someone like that, i am no longer in business. bad press travels faster than good press, know what i mean.

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
red 6 0-no said:
what is a 2 year time limit? my salesman and his ser. mgr. don't/haven't even heard of it.

Understand this is a guess on my part, but I'd think any 2 year limit--if there is such a thing--is just a guideline by which Ford uses to make decisions on buybacks. If the customer has driven the truck for 2 years and hasn't requested a buy back, then it must not be bad enough, so they'll go the "fix it" route. I'd guess it's more of an internal Ford criteria than anything, so you may not find anything out about it through research.:dunno

This is just my two cents. I hate to see another PSD'er in this situation, but the big thing you've got going for you is the end of the lease is getting closer and closer. How much longer do you have on the lease, anyway? And is the trucks mechanical problems causing you to miss work if you use it for work, etc?

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
bruce-
i have the lease til 9-12-06. only costing me $$ in fuel bills cause my mileage is down the toilet - ~10 mpg.:eek: only costs if i take it in as it is my only vehicle.

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
red 6 0-no said:
bruce-
i have the lease til 9-12-06. only costing me $$ in fuel bills cause my mileage is down the toilet - ~10 mpg.:eek: only costs if i take it in as it is my only vehicle.

Not bad, not bad at all. 5 months left on the lease, I'd stick it out and be done with it. Start looking at what you want to replace it with. :sweet You could probably slide into a sweet deal on an 06 once the 07's start rolling in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14