Scared to death....

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the wife out to teach her to shift the gears in the PSD :eek::eek::eek:

Luke is still shaking. We made it back in one piece, barely... I am not so sure about the transmission :witch
After about a half hour, I was done :wflag
I stepped out of the truck and let her go. :goodluck
I then waited until she returned...:bob
.:lmao

Life is good...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the wife out to teach her to shift the gears in the PSD :eek::eek::eek:

Luke is still shaking. We made it back in one piece, barely... I am not so sure about the transmission :witch
After about a half hour, I was done
I stepped out of the truck and let her go. :goodluck
I then waited until she returned...:bob
.:lmao

Life is good...

:lmao:lmao My wife WILL NOT DRIVE MY TRUCK. She Flat doesn't want to. I've tried to get her to give it a shot. Her Pat answer is NO.. It's to DANG big.. To DANG wide..and to DANG many gears..You know that.. so Stop Asking.

I've geven her the: What if's.. she sez she'd Sell the Dang thing to one of the SIL's. If on the road ? She'd have it (and the 5r) impounded somewhere and fly home. Have a SIL go git it.

She likes the truck.. Loves to ride in it.. Feels safe & secure, Drive It ? NO WAY.

:dunno

Oh and Bye the Way.. To DANG many Neddles & other Thingy's to look at TOO.

Last edited:

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
:lmao:lmao My wife WILL NOT DRIVE MY TRUCK. She Flat doesn't want to. I've tried to get her to give it a shot. Her Pat answer is NO.. It's to big.. To wide..and to many gears..You know that.. so Stop Asking.

I've geven her the: What if's.. she sez she'd Sell the Dang thing to one of the SIL's. If on the road ? She'd have it (and the 5r) impounded somewhere and fly home. Have a SIL go git it.

She likes the truck.. Loves to ride in it.. Feels safe & secure, Drive It ? NO WAY.

:dunno

X2........LOL

Tbar

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
Best way to teach somebody to drive a standard. Tell the person to get in the drivers seat. Point to the clutch. Then point to the shifter.Hand them the keys. Say good luck and walk away.:D Go have a beverage of your choice.:lmao

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
well heck, everyone in my family WANTS to drive my truck..

so I hid the DPTuner switch up under the dash... someone borrows my truck, I flip it back to "stock" (thanks, dpantazis)

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best way to teach somebody to drive a standard. Tell the person to get in the drivers seat. Point to the clutch. Then point to the shifter.Hand them the keys. Say good luck and walk away.

I value my clutch, transmission, and driveshaft to much to ever do something like that.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best way to teach somebody to drive a standard. Tell the person to get in the drivers seat. Point to the clutch. Then point to the shifter.Hand them the keys. Say good luck and walk away.:D Go have a beverage of your choice.:lmao

I could do that, but I would be afraid that to many small foreign cars would be stuck, dragging under our truck as she was coming in the driveway.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I plan to teach my wife how to run a standard too, but I think we'll start with the beetle first and move up from there :D

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not the fact that my wife DOESN'T wanna drive my truck that's the problem, it's the fact that she DOES! :eek: ....And to make matters worse- it's an automatic which makes it that much more tempting! :sly

All joking aside, she's a really good driver- it's just the fact that your adding several feet in all directions to the "vehicle size" she's used to, along with a couple thousand pounds to boot!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg