Scared to death....

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All kidding aside, the wife can operate a manual tranny, no problem. Through the years we've had many "Shifter Kinds" (she calls'm) of cars & trucks. Her biggest problem is: The Lady Has No Sense Of Direction. She freely admits that. (with a laugh)

From CenCal.. In her mind.. We go UP to L.A. and Down to Oregon.. If that's an indicator. 40 plus years married. Love her to pieces. Best thing that ever came into my Life. I'm Not berating her here... But MAN IT'S SCARY when she takes off on a little "Road Trip". Wont accept a GPS. She has her "Land Marks". Calls me >after< major route changes. (After ?) She's missed a couple.

Shifting gears ? No Problem. Geographic Location on the Planet ? A White Knuckler for me.

SOoooo... I drive the Dully.

She drives the Wind-Star. 'Sides.. it has the PAV (park'n lot assault vehicle) package.

;):D

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is funny, some of you guys have missed your calling.
Some of you should have been Stand UP Comedian.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
My wife can drive a standard but hates too. When I found this out back in 1996 I ran down to the lot and traded off our 1993 automatic on my current standard transmission equipped truck :D If Crummy had a auto it would now have 168,000 miles instead of 68,000 miles so my plan has worked out well.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shoot, I solved that problem long ago. I bought her an excursion. It is an 01, we have had it since new, and it has 80k miles on it, less than my 06. She also has a manual civic for bopping around town, though I was informed yesterday that it was time for her to get a new car. Seems an armrest is getting worn and there is an errant piece of tape that is hanging down somewhere it shouldn't.
Maybe I can put her off until teh diesel accord comes out next year. I do not have a problem in the world with a first year Honda.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
My wife can drive standards just fine, if you don't mind a burnt clutch from time to time.

She loves to drive my truck (automatic) just because she likes how big it is.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Laura will not drive my truck unless there is an emergency, like me entering the hospital.

She won't even drive her VAN! She grooms the dogs and cats, I keep the van running, the generator on line, and the holding tanks drained.

This month, the truck is parked, as the fuel budget ran out mid month. I'll put another full tank in when I can arrange financing.:lmao

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife loves driving my truck, and would also enjoy it if it was a stick. She can drive a stick as good as anyone else. Back in the late 70's when I owned/drove a school bus for awhile (a 73 B-600 361 V8, 4 spd, 2 spd axle, 60 passenger), she drove it once and did fine. Actually her first car was a 72 Toyota Corolla with a 5 speed.

dmd

Reaction score
My wife used to drive the truck everyday when we had 2 kids, the truck and a Honda CRX 2 seater. She now drives it when I need the car, but doesnt like putting it in the garage as it is a real tight fit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14