will be adding a tranny gauge & electronic fuel pressure gauge

HomePage--Product

but youll have some nasty BIG wire & PLUG hangin' out from under the
dash then...or work some GPS thing bolted to the top of the dash or
sticking to the windshield (that should be good for the crack heads
that break into our trucks) !

in consideration...you cant watch a gps and gauges (when using a
mulit function monitor)...and this 800 dollar number is using
sensors already connected to the engine (one of which isnt an egt)

I was just throwing it out there as an option, I wouldn't want it for myself.

My posts are in red under your questions ;tu

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
don't you mean 'dash scan'?:dunno

no he means the DashDaq by drew technologies, probably one of the baddest accessories on the planet.. even plays videos and does navigation, it's a complete linux operating system computer inside...

and the available settings are mindboggling, it's well worth the money.
i first got my hands on it back in november and now all the bugs are worked out.

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
also , i dont really like a cluttered interior either, i have a simple a pillar single gauge pod so i can keep my grab handle, and a single on the steering column.. for fuel pressure i made a custom light for warning and incorporated it into my boost gauge..

all very clean looking and not "racer" at all.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
understood...i was just tossing out some thoughts of my own
about these electronic "screens" that pass themselves off as
do all gauges etc.
One would think that in todays day and age this "stuff" they want us to hang in our vehicles would be offered wireless no?

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
With all the warnings I read about the 6,0L diesel, Why would I play with different Tunes. I was reading the Info for the Hypertech Max Programers and they claim you need a 48 State Certified tuner and you might not need a EGT Gauge because their tuner protects your engine while giving you more power and economy. By this I bought an E-Con unit to better my PSD. But I have it in Canada and I am here in Florida, can't prove my point. My 98 Chev 6.5L always warned me when I was running my EGT to high. The same seam to be true for most diesels anyway as there are build in warning devices. I'm I right. No way would Ford put an engine in a truck and let us loose in blowing up their engine since it is so easy to protect an engine with all the electronic devices available.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Ford did NOT install anything to monitor the EGT on the 6.0, without a pyrometer and a guage, you are just guessing and pushing your luck, but I promise when you're stuck on the side of the road, she'll let you know somethings wrong:rolleyes:

King Ranch

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
RV tow vehicle

Hello 6.0L Powerstroke owners:
This is my very first post. I am planning a 12,000 mi. round trip to Alaska in mid May to return home in September. I own a 2006 F-250 King Ranch, SB, CC, 6.0L diesel with 25,000 mi. on the odometer purchase new. I will be pulling a 34' 11,780 lb Cardinal travel trailer.
I am looking for the best fuel mileage and power for this long trip. Diesel fuel is certain to be over $4.00 per gallon. I am plan to spend some money at this end to save some at that end.
I have already installed a 55 galllon Aero tank to replace the factory 29 gallon tank. Ford replaced the OEM turbo at 20,000 mi. It is otherwise stock.
Any cost effective answers?

King Ranch

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
RV tow vehicle

Hello 6.0L Powerstroke owners:
This is my very first post and I hope this site is rv-friendly. I am planning a 12,000 mi. round trip to Alaska in mid May to return home in September. I own a 2006 F-250 King Ranch, SB, CC, 6.0L diesel with 25,000 mi. on the odometer purchase new. I will be pulling a 34' 11,780 lb Cardinal travel trailer.
I am looking for the best fuel mileage and power for this long trip. Diesel fuel is certain to be over $4.00 per gallon. I am plan to spend some money at this end to save some at that end.
I have already installed a 55 galllon Aero tank to replace the factory 29 gallon tank. Ford replaced the OEM turbo at 20,000 mi. It is otherwise stock.
Any cost effective answers?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58