SCT / Edge Attitude

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
no he means the DashDaq by drew technologies, probably one of the baddest accessories on the planet.. even plays videos and does navigation, it's a complete linux operating system computer inside...

and the available settings are mindboggling, it's well worth the money.
i first got my hands on it back in november and now all the bugs are worked out.

thanks lv!! do tell, got a link? so we all can see its capabilities. as i've never heard or read or seen it yet.

yes stroker; i would agree w/ you on the wireless.....:dunno

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello 6.0L Powerstroke owners:
This is my very first post and I hope this site is rv-friendly. I am planning a 12,000 mi. round trip to Alaska in mid May to return home in September. I own a 2006 F-250 King Ranch, SB, CC, 6.0L diesel with 25,000 mi. on the odometer purchase new. I will be pulling a 34' 11,780 lb Cardinal travel trailer.
I am looking for the best fuel mileage and power for this long trip. Diesel fuel is certain to be over $4.00 per gallon. I am plan to spend some money at this end to save some at that end.
I have already installed a 55 galllon Aero tank to replace the factory 29 gallon tank. Ford replaced the OEM turbo at 20,000 mi. It is otherwise stock.
Any cost effective answers?

Fuel is already over $4.00 US gallon in Canada, it's $1.10 a liter right now in BC, AB & SK

I haul mostly western Canada and run a 91 gallon Aux tank plumbed into my factory tank, saves me about $50 per trip.

Plan your fuel stops, you will be going through remote areas where the next services and fuel stop can be over 100 miles away.

Consider putting a full length mudflap on the back of the truck and possibly screwing a piece of plywood or 2 to the front of the trailer. That's what the manufacturers do that ship new trailers up there do because you will be on gravel road, it's not paved all the way up.... and when I say gravel I'm talking about rocks the size of golf balls.

Make sure you have good glass coverage for the winshield of the truck too for the trucks that pass you going the other way 70 mph slinging rocks.

Can't help you more than that right now. Planning to get an SCT tuner with custom tunes and EGR delete and a cat delete pipe from Elite Diesel this month when I get home myself.

King Ranch

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Fuel is already over $4.00 US gallon in Canada, it's $1.10 a liter right now in BC, AB & SK

I haul mostly western Canada and run a 91 gallon Aux tank plumbed into my factory tank, saves me about $50 per trip.

Plan your fuel stops, you will be going through remote areas where the next services and fuel stop can be over 100 miles away.

Consider putting a full length mudflap on the back of the truck and possibly screwing a piece of plywood or 2 to the front of the trailer. That's what the manufacturers do that ship new trailers up there do because you will be on gravel road, it's not paved all the way up.... and when I say gravel I'm talking about rocks the size of golf balls.

Make sure you have good glass coverage for the winshield of the truck too for the trucks that pass you going the other way 70 mph slinging rocks.

Can't help you more than that right now. Planning to get an SCT tuner with custom tunes and EGR delete and a cat delete pipe from Elite Diesel this month when I get home myself.
Airborne- All the Way trooper. I was in B Co 2/503d Parachute Infantry Regiment (173d) and A Co 2/501st (101st) when it was really Airborne. On jump status my entire 3 yr enlistment.
Thank you for your advice. I already have the mud flaps. I know I need to rig some protection across the front of my Ford. At $4.00 plus per gal I figure it's going to cost that much to go every 10 or 11 miles. Not going to be a cheap trip, but if I don't do it now, I never will. Fuel is NOT going to go down in price.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58