SeaFoam?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I would say a resounding NO, do not put it in the crankcase. Your diesel rated oil is all you need in there, PSD's do not like oil additives.

Lord Tauk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
I would say a resounding NO, do not put it in the crankcase. Your diesel rated oil is all you need in there, PSD's do not like oil additives.

Gotcha.

Why is there even a market for oil additives for diesels? I know we're the only diesles that are a HPOP system, atleast in street trucks/cars? I bet that has something to do with it.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Yes, that has everything to do with it. The high pressure side of the system is not fond of anything other than oil in the oil.

Lord Tauk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be adding some just to the fuel bowl and tank then, thanks Stroker.

geonc

my other 4X4
Reaction score
I 've been a supporter of Sea Foam for years :D

For a fuel system douche it can't be beat, especially in the older IDI engines ....... buy 2 cans......fill a new filter full of Sea Foam and split the rest between the tanks and drive :hail
Cleans the snot out of the nozzles and inj pump....follow with a heavy dose of you choice of fuel suppliment....Stanadyne, Diesel Kleen etc....

Now with regards to the oil treatment.....remember it does CLEAN away deposits.....think where it goes in the PSD system :eek: ...no a wise choice ,but safe on the older indirect injected engines;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14