Seat removal?

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much of a PITA is it to remove the seats in a Crew Cab Superduty? When my new floor comes in I'm going to have to gut the interior to install it and I'm wondering if I can do it myself or if I should have help for this job. The back seat seems like it's more bulky than heavy and so could be "interesting" but not impossible to get in place by myself.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I usually get help when R&R'ing seating both front and back rows,it only makes it easier on the back with help:sweet

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seat removal ?

CHP or JVencius,

Do one of you know what size Torx is needed to remove the front seats? The T-55 seems a tad too small and the T-60 is way too big. Do I just take it easy with the T-55 or customize the T-60?:thumbs

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fgtex said:
CHP or JVencius,

Do one of you know what size Torx is needed to remove the front seats? The T-55 seems a tad too small and the T-60 is way too big. Do I just take it easy with the T-55 or customize the T-60?:thumbs

First of all--welcome to the site. If you're a TDS refugee, double welcomes--SDD.com should be quite a fresh breath of air. :thumbs

Second--I will try a T-55 since (1) I have a T-55 bit and (2)I don't know anyone who makes a T-57 driver bit. ;)

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks!

Thanks for the welcome. I have tried some 'other' sites and like this one the best. By far the most laid back!
:thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That is the idea, nobody adds pressure or snide comments. We just like Ford Super Duties and the owners. Stop by often.:D :D

Dave

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Welcome aboard fgtex! I'm sure you've kicked off your boots at the door and made yourself at home here:thumbs

-Bill :cowboy:

Reaction score
jvencius said:
How much of a PITA is it to remove the seats in a Crew Cab Superduty? When my new floor comes in I'm going to have to gut the interior to install it and I'm wondering if I can do it myself or if I should have help for this job. The back seat seems like it's more bulky than heavy and so could be "interesting" but not impossible to get in place by myself.

I had my rear out several times in my 2001 - sometimes I had help - sometimes not. Obvious it's better to have help - but it can be done with no damage by your self. I placed a moving blanket on the sill and then wrapped one around the seat itself. Just take your time is all I can say.

Ron

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Yeah this site's filled with all the old people, so it's calm. Luckily I was here near the beginning, so I balance all the age out.:D

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14