sending unit

bonestroker

stroke it if you got it
Reaction score
well I took my beast in today and found out my sending unit is shot any ideas where i can find one:dunno:rant

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
well I took my beast in today and found out my sending unit is shot any ideas where i can find one:dunno:rant

Which sending unit????:dunno
Oil pressure, water temp, rear diff, tranny info, ICP??????

More info please.

Last edited:

bonestroker

stroke it if you got it
Reaction score
well i found the prob some wise guy thought my trk would run better with water in the fuel,so i ran down to the parts store and got a locking fuel cap. then i droped the tank and found a 1/4 inch of ice in the bottem,got it all cleaned up stuck it back in and with only 5 gals of fuel in its reading full,so i guess next days off i'll jurk it back out and see what is going on.:dizzy:dizzy

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While yer doing all this tank stuff ?

Sure would be a good time to do the "Hutch Mod" & "Harpoon Mod" :dunno

Joe

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
While yer doing all this tank stuff ?

Sure would be a good time to do the "Hutch Mod" & "Harpoon Mod" :dunno

Joe

x2

The pickup in the fuel tank has been the source of a lot of problems. The more common one has been sucking air once the level in the tank gets below a certain point. In my case, the rubber pickup snout actually came off the end of the pickup assembly. So I was running out of fuel even though I still had 1/4 tank.

The "Hutch" mod solved that issue. The "Harpoon" mod lets you fill the tank to the top without it shutting off early.

More food for thought, in the spring & fall when the temperatures swing wildly back & forth, condensation in the tank is common. Especially in tanks below 1/4 a lot of the time. I never saw that the factory fuel filter was that effective as a water separator. When I had to replace my fuel pump, I added a fuel filter/water separator upstream of the fuel pump. I did that as added protection for my new fuel pump. But the water separator had the added obvious advantage.
vbpgimage.php

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on the pre-filter too. youd also be eliminating the fuel pump Inlet fitting that is also known to let Air get into the fuel system.

Youd be Killing several Gremlins with one Tank Drop. :dunno

Joe

While yuov got the tank disconnected... you could also cut that restricter thingy out of the Fill Pipe (an 1 5/8" hole saw will do that).. that way.. you can fill-up with Big nozzles. No waiting at truck stops ?

bonestroker

stroke it if you got it
Reaction score
how do you do the hucht mod? cuz I have to pull the tank again and fix the fuel gage,its reading full all the time

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you do the hucht mod? cuz I have to pull the tank again and fix the fuel gage,its reading full all the time

Go to the WIKI section at the top right of this page.. and look up "Fuel Supply Modification".. that artical will lead you thru the whole Mod.

Joe

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14