sending unit

lomac9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In doing all this is there any noticeable difference in Hsp or fuel mileage?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In doing all this is there any noticeable difference in Hsp or fuel mileage?

Horsepower.. in a Word, No.

Fuel mileage.. Maybe, depending on how you drive.

The BIG benefit is Better Performance... from what you have.

Ideally, there should be [No Air At All].. in a fuel injected system. IMO (and others), Ford & IH came up a bit short in this... with some of the fittings used.. from the pick up point in the tank, and other fittings, along the way.

Doing the "Hutch" mod and a pre-pump filter eliminates these basic areas for Air Intrusion.

Doing these mods WILL give you better performance.. which might effect MPG's too.

The "Harpoon" mod just allows you to Completely fill the fuel tank without having to "Dribble" that last 5 gallons in... by cutting off the.. To Long.. vent tube.... Ford thought was.. "A Better Idea"

Reichy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Is the Hutch mod going to fix my problem of going 300 miles and still saying I have a full tank?? No I dont think I filled up on magic diesel.

bigblack250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2

The pickup in the fuel tank has been the source of a lot of problems. The more common one has been sucking air once the level in the tank gets below a certain point. In my case, the rubber pickup snout actually came off the end of the pickup assembly. So I was running out of fuel even though I still had 1/4 tank.

The "Hutch" mod solved that issue. The "Harpoon" mod lets you fill the tank to the top without it shutting off early.

More food for thought, in the spring & fall when the temperatures swing wildly back & forth, condensation in the tank is common. Especially in tanks below 1/4 a lot of the time. I never saw that the factory fuel filter was that effective as a water separator. When I had to replace my fuel pump, I added a fuel filter/water separator upstream of the fuel pump. I did that as added protection for my new fuel pump. But the water separator had the added obvious advantage.
vbpgimage.php

by upstream you mean after the pump? could one be put in before the pump?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14